Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 10,000 miles of EV  (Read 980 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Rangie

  • Omega Lord
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Lincolnshire
  • Posts: 6442
    • Toyota AygoX
Re: 10,000 miles of EV
« Reply #30 on: Yesterday at 10:34:56 »

Luxury. I had to lean out of the window while my Dad was driving his Minor, using a fairy liquid bottle to squirt water on the windscreen.

Try telling that to the yoof of today…
.

Just wish I still had the Mexico today , even with a split washer bottle..😂

My dad and his friend used to rally escorts in the early 70's. They used to buy ex police cars and do the engine swaps as the shells were all to Mexico spec (Type 49 - more spot welds per inch, along with some other changes like additional bracing, if anyone cares). At some point towards the end of the 70's he was offered the by then rather tatty first ever Mexico RHD car off the production line. He didn't buy it as he needed the money to put into his new Hillman Avenger rally car 8).

He still finds this decision somewhat difficult to talk about  ;D
. 


I know a little bit how he feels, I had the chance in 1981 to buy a stunning E type Jaguar for £4,000 but was persuaded by my wifes uncle ( a mechanic ) not to buy it due to the running costs, parts etc. One of the worst pieces of advice I ever took notice of.
Logged
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Viral_Jim

  • Omega Baron
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Telford
  • Posts: 4696
    • Too many, mostly broken
Re: 10,000 miles of EV
« Reply #31 on: Yesterday at 12:35:40 »


I know a little bit how he feels, I had the chance in 1981 to buy a stunning E type Jaguar for £4,000 but was persuaded by my wifes uncle ( a mechanic ) not to buy it due to the running costs, parts etc. One of the worst pieces of advice I ever took notice of.

I feel very fortunate that that is one boat he did not miss. In fact he bought one as his retirement gift to himself in around 2004. Late series one FHC in light metallic blue. I can't remember exactly what he paid for it, but I do remember at the time it was the same money as a 3yr old mid-spec Ford Mondeo - so he definitely did alright out of that.

That said (to try and make you feel a little better!), if you aren't into maintaining cars yourself, I can see how it would have cost a tidy sum to maintain, it really is more of a hobby than a car!   
Logged

Rangie

  • Omega Lord
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Lincolnshire
  • Posts: 6442
    • Toyota AygoX
Re: 10,000 miles of EV
« Reply #32 on: Yesterday at 14:18:22 »


I know a little bit how he feels, I had the chance in 1981 to buy a stunning E type Jaguar for £4,000 but was persuaded by my wifes uncle ( a mechanic ) not to buy it due to the running costs, parts etc. One of the worst pieces of advice I ever took notice of.

I feel very fortunate that that is one boat he did not miss. In fact he bought one as his retirement gift to himself in around 2004. Late series one FHC in light metallic blue. I can't remember exactly what he paid for it, but I do remember at the time it was the same money as a 3yr old mid-spec Ford Mondeo - so he definitely did alright out of that.

That said (to try and make you feel a little better!), if you aren't into maintaining cars yourself, I can see how it would have cost a tidy sum to maintain, it really is more of a hobby than a car!
.

This was also a FHC in metallic wine red ,if my memory serves me correctly the registration was JUC 8.
Logged
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
 

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 22 queries.