Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: my omega  (Read 1961 times)

nickomega

• lincolnshire
    • View Profile
my omega
« on: 05 August 2008, 23:17:53 »

here is my omega 2.2dti elite i run her has a taxi with 153k on the clock now  2003 on a 52 plate

]

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
Re: my omega
« Reply #1 on: 06 August 2008, 00:06:04 »

Nice looking car, I do like the colour. :y

FRE07962128

« Reply #2 on: 06 August 2008, 00:23:07 »

A lovely looking example Nick, which your "fares" should appreciate :y

Do you charge extra 'limo' rates for such a luxurous taxi? :D :D ;D ;)

craig

• north wales/connah's quay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 August 2008, 02:45:57 »

nice car mate  :y excellent colour :y

nickomega

• lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 August 2008, 16:16:33 »

A lovely looking example Nick, which your "fares" should appreciate :y

Do you charge extra 'limo' rates for such a luxurous taxi? :D :D ;D ;)

i only wish i could but they would not pay it anyway hard enough these days with fuel and people not going out because they dont have the cash so means my job is not has good now.They all have brand new skodas round here.people dont treat any taxi with any respect does my head in and makes me mad.but when i sit in a motor has long has i do u want to be happy with what u sit in and im very happy i love my vauxhalls the omega has been the best motor i have had on the job plus i tow my caravan with the omega great tow car....nick

HNO3GOH

• Somerset
  • Play time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 August 2008, 22:02:35 »

Nice car and they make a very good taxi as i run 03 reg DTI elite in silver here in taunton. Tell me is your leather smooth or rough feel :y

« Last Edit: 06 August 2008, 22:05:29 by cjjm26 »
Garage clear out in March 2011 and I will have a large amount of omega parts going very cheap.

nickomega

• lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 August 2008, 22:13:45 »

that looks great mate i took the top sign off for the pics i love the grill mate mine has the cloth seats for some reason how many miles have u on the clock .had any problems

HNO3GOH

• Somerset
  • Play time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06 August 2008, 22:56:02 »

that looks great mate i took the top sign off for the pics i love the grill mate mine has the cloth seats for some reason how many miles have u on the clock .had any problems

She has 144,000 miles on her now and as of yet no problems. My last DTI elite which was on a 2001 Y reg i sold her with 237,000 miles on and that again never let me down and is still going strong now as my mum bought her. It had it's first clutch and cat at 196,000 and just after that an EGR valve. The only thing that i have found to be a problem is the crank pully for the aux belt, they seem to go at about 100,000 miles or so, i did the one on my 03 elite at 122,000 but not a lot else goes wrong :y
Garage clear out in March 2011 and I will have a large amount of omega parts going very cheap.

nickomega

• lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06 August 2008, 23:04:03 »

thats all good news then mate my old taxi was a v reg vectra with 250k on clock  .mine has 153k on clock have not had any problems  but the steering pulls hard to the left but tyres wear is fine no one can slove it its been tracked new steering idler.was hope to get it sorted before i went down to cornwall in a few weeks time with my caravan.last week it went for its hackney test passed with no problems and even he said there is no fault.keep my eye one the pulley now thanks
« Last Edit: 06 August 2008, 23:04:43 by nickomega »

HNO3GOH

• Somerset
  • Play time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06 August 2008, 23:16:17 »

thats all good news then mate my old taxi was a v reg vectra with 250k on clock  .mine has 153k on clock have not had any problems  but the steering pulls hard to the left but tyres wear is fine no one can slove it its been tracked new steering idler.was hope to get it sorted before i went down to cornwall in a few weeks time with my caravan.last week it went for its hackney test passed with no problems and even he said there is no fault.keep my eye one the pulley now thanks

I have had 3 Omega's and i used to drive my dad's taxi and in that time he had two pre facelifts plus his own car which was an omega and all have pulled to the left and vauxhall said it's the car and thats how they where made and the guy who looks after my cars worked for vauxhall for over 30 years and now has his own garage and he said thay all do it. If i drive my mother in-laws car which is a saab and then jump back in to mine it feels like you have to fight it. Just make sure you check the camber as well as the tracking cos that to can kill tyres and make it pull a little but other than that dont worry ;)

This is a link to both my omega's http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1216146184
I think they are great cars ;)
« Last Edit: 06 August 2008, 23:19:03 by cjjm26 »

nickomega

• lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06 August 2008, 23:19:25 »

thanks mate that has put my mind at rest a bit.so where did u get that nice looking grill from its very nice

HNO3GOH

• Somerset
  • Play time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06 August 2008, 23:24:35 »

thanks mate that has put my mind at rest a bit.so where did u get that nice looking grill from its very nice

That one was on the car when i got it but i have just put an omega on the road for my father in-law and he got one on ebay for that one and he paid about £70 for it but it is an irmscher one that same as mine ;)

nickomega

• lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06 August 2008, 23:27:51 »

been on ebay never can find one for my omega all for the old shape thats all

HNO3GOH

• Somerset
  • Play time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06 August 2008, 23:33:26 »

been on ebay never can find one for my omega all for the old shape thats all

Post a wanted in the wanted section for a facelift irmscher grille. They come with a black or chrome surround but both would look great on your colour car :y

nickomega

• lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06 August 2008, 23:35:05 »

i will but leave it till i get bk of hols..
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.