Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega door C/L solenoid motor  (Read 1325 times)

beech

• View Profile
Omega door C/L solenoid motor
« on: 08 August 2007, 22:54:25 »

I've got an Omega 2.5CD (BMW eng) 1999 with a dicky front passenger door C/L solenoid. I've got the old one out and am looking for a cheap 2nd hand one. Anyone got one they want to sell?

The Barge Captain

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol
  • Back in the land of the economicaly active
    • View Profile
Re: Omega door C/L solenoid motor
« Reply #1 on: 09 August 2007, 07:11:32 »

I could do with one of those as well.  Anyone know if they are the same front and back / left and right?
Thou art no more an angel filled with light, but a leech to be abhorred and thou shalt suffer my burning will...

RonaldMcBurger

« Reply #2 on: 09 August 2007, 08:23:38 »

Front are different. IIRC front have 6 pins, back have 4. Pay about £10 or less each for them.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 August 2007, 08:29:27 »

I'm pretty sure its only the drivers one that is differnet with 5 or 6 pins due to that door also being key oeprated.

Do be aware that the connector type changed at some point, think it was around 97/98.

Ten quid tops because they are only 30ish from autovaux new.

Lordmpl

• Intermediate Member
  • Norwich, Norfolk, UK
  • 2.5 V6 Auto CDX - Big Bertha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 August 2007, 12:25:47 »

I have all four of these at home, i will have a look tonight, i replaced all mine with aftermarket ones as my central locking ecu was missing, I have the boot one too if anyone wants it???

I might have lost the top plastic hook bits, but if you have the original it will be ok... I will check tonight when i get home..

Cheers.  :y
I Love my Omega, wanted it for so long, now it's in my grasp, it's not getting away!!

beech

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 August 2007, 13:36:39 »

thanks for the advise guys. I might be interested in having one of your actuators/solenoids, lordmpl. Can you post a photo so that I can make sure that it is the one I need. How much do you want for it and is it working?

Lordmpl

• Intermediate Member
  • Norwich, Norfolk, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 August 2007, 14:14:41 »

I will put a pic up here later when i get home to take snaps, if they work or not i dont know, when i bought the car the CL did not work, so after reading posts on here realised it could be down to the ECU under the panel in drivers footwell, thought right i will have a look, But it was'nt there, just a bunch of wires and a connector, but nothing else....

So i bought a central loccking kit, the ecu, 2 keyfobs and 5 solenoids, all for £21 with postage, worked a treat, so i got another and stuck it on my lass's Calibra, so she has remote central locking now too...

So anyway, took out the old one and replaced them,  i will take pics and if you want em, i will post em, if they work, you can give me... lets see... a fiver... What you reckon....???

Cheers, Mark.  :y
I Love my Omega, wanted it for so long, now it's in my grasp, it's not getting away!!

beech

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 August 2007, 15:02:17 »

Lordmpl.        Sounds good to me. As soon as I see the pics I will be able to tell you if it's worth sending them.  Thanks. Could be a winner.

Lordmpl

• Intermediate Member
  • Norwich, Norfolk, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 August 2007, 22:13:12 »

Right here are the pics, took me an hour to find em in the shed....

As i suspected the plastic clips are missing from the ends, there are 2 front ones and a boot one, the two front ones have the same part number and the same type connector/pins.

Looks like one might be broken on the end, but the other is ok...
I still have the back ones in the car, if anyone wants em.

Thanks, Mark.  :y

beech

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10 August 2007, 13:37:11 »

lordmpl.    Unfortunately the solenoids in the photos are different to the one that I need and it doesn't look like I can modify them either. The connectors are different so wouldn't plug up, although the housings look similar. The part no written on the side of mine appears to be 90493702.    Thanks for looking though. Much apprecoated.

Anyone else got any of these solenoids with the required part no on the side?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.