Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Dasboard display icons.  (Read 4993 times)

Taxi_Driver

Re: Dasboard display icons.
« Reply #30 on: 06 September 2006, 19:32:20 »

Thanks alot i will try everything... damn light as come back on.....lol, can't understand why vauxhall could not find a fault with codes in hand, they assure me they've checked all areas concerned but all is well... weird.

I think this will be an ongoing thing if i were to find the problem and fix it would the light go out on its own or will it need to be cleared with the diagnostic kit? if i disconnect the battery will this turn off the light all be it temporary.

Dave

Thats usual vx fix when there not sure.....reset the codes and hope it goes away  ::)

If you find the fault and fix it....the light will go out on its own but probably not immediately.....if you want instant light off after fixing the fault then it'll have to be reset and Im pretty sure disconnecting the battery on yours will not do it

cheers

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 06 September 2006, 19:34:09 »

If you have a laptop with a proper COM port, it may be worth your while investing in a fault code reader, such as cheapo tech2, or scantool.net depending on age of car. Probably cost less than Vx code reset...
Grumpy old man

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #32 on: 06 September 2006, 19:34:27 »

Other cheap fix is......have the emissions tested to make sure there is nothing wrong.....then just take the bulb out  ;)

egcc

• manchester
  • Omega 2.6 2003 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 06 September 2006, 19:38:35 »

Other cheap fix is......have the emissions tested to make sure there is nothing wrong.....then just take the bulb out  ;)

just disconnected the battery your right it doesn't cancel the light, taking the bulb out sounds good at this time...lol
Vauxhall Omega  2.6 CDXI Auto 2003 Saloon https://en-gb.facebook.com/TheDeadXiii

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 06 September 2006, 19:43:13 »

We could work through the issues first ;) - there are a couple of multimeter measurements to take.

The EML comes on for a reason, so its worth trying to resolve...
Grumpy old man

egcc

• manchester
  • Omega 2.6 2003 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 06 September 2006, 19:56:46 »

We could work through the issues first ;) - there are a couple of multimeter measurements to take.

Was only joking.... would never remove the bulb... fixing the problem is paramount, but if the light is on all the time like it is now  and vauxhall say there is no fault on my vehicle, if a fault was to occur apart from the car running badly i don't think i'd know.. bit worrying.
Vauxhall Omega  2.6 CDXI Auto 2003 Saloon https://en-gb.facebook.com/TheDeadXiii

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #36 on: 07 September 2006, 07:07:45 »

I thought it was the emissions light that was on  :-/

egcc

• manchester
  • Omega 2.6 2003 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 07 September 2006, 10:09:34 »

It's the yellow/amber coloured engine icon on the dashboard which is lit the icon above the handbrake light found a pic on ebay - http://www.autoquake.com/auctioning4u-motors/index.php?module=thumbnail&image=./images/archive/709-X817HNT/DSC_0026.JPG&maxw=1024&maxh=768 , is this icon not the EML also.. i'm a bit confused now.

« Last Edit: 07 September 2006, 10:18:42 by egcc »

egcc

• manchester
  • Omega 2.6 2003 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 11 September 2006, 11:48:45 »

Problem sorted.. 1 of the sensor wires on the exhaust system not sure how it was missed by vaux but replaced it and the dreaded light is out.. vaux kindly gave me a free diagnostic test so can't really complain.

Now i can move onto my heater problem and that lazy central locking motor on the drivers door. (keeping me busy anyway) lol.

Thanks all for your help
Dave.

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #39 on: 12 September 2006, 07:19:54 »

It's the yellow/amber coloured engine icon on the dashboard which is lit the icon above the handbrake light found a pic on ebay - http://www.autoquake.com/auctioning4u-motors/index.php?module=thumbnail&image=./images/archive/709-X817HNT/DSC_0026.JPG&maxw=1024&maxh=768 , is this icon not the EML also.. i'm a bit confused now.

The light above the one lit in the piccy is the emissions light.....the EML is the one far left in the piccy (car with spanner sticking thro its roof)
I believe they changed it like this on facelifts. prefacelifts the engine symbol is the EML i think.

Glad its now sorted tho  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 23 queries.