Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Adjustable Steering Column.  (Read 2770 times)

Taxi_Driver

Re: Adjustable Steering Column.
« Reply #15 on: 09 November 2006, 19:07:38 »

Jaime...rattle on speaker grill?.....are you sure its the grill? Door speakers dont like the constant shocks of doors being shut.....i had a speaker changed on a veccy once....it sounded like a rattle....but if you took the grill off and gentle pushed on the cone...it wasnt free moving......speaker replaced and rattle gone  ;)
I replaced my passenger door speaker with a second hand one & now it sounds like it needs replacing again, think I'll check the grill first though!

If it isnt the grill.....its an easy check to do.....push gently on the cone if you can feel it sticking and not free moving.....its the speaker  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Adjustable Steering Column.
« Reply #16 on: 09 November 2006, 20:51:57 »

Jaime...rattle on speaker grill?.....are you sure its the grill? Door speakers dont like the constant shocks of doors being shut.....i had a speaker changed on a veccy once....it sounded like a rattle....but if you took the grill off and gentle pushed on the cone...it wasnt free moving......speaker replaced and rattle gone  ;)
Wedging a bit of folded paper between door card and grill shuts it up, so guess the clips are tired/missing...
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.012 seconds with 18 queries.