Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FUEL CAP  (Read 993 times)

V6mac

• Birmingham
    • View Profile
FUEL CAP
« on: 11 January 2007, 20:41:56 »

After what happend to James and the theft of his fuel, can anyone tell me if my 2002 cdx has
an anti-syphon device fitted, should i fit lockable cap  :question
« Last Edit: 11 January 2007, 20:49:32 by mac »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: FUEL CAP
« Reply #1 on: 11 January 2007, 21:05:28 »

After what happend to James and the theft of his fuel, can anyone tell me if my 2002 cdx has
an anti-syphon device fitted, should i fit lockable cap  :question
if you make it too hard, the scumbags will stick a screwdriver through bottom of tank to get it out...
Grumpy old man

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 January 2007, 21:35:49 »

How true - you can only try your best to put the scumbags off, and hope that they'll move on to some other poor sod! Cynical I know, but true nonetheless....
I remember some years ago, when Vx had a particularly bad reputation for having the door locks punched, that they brought out a range of Carltons IIRC which had no actual door locks. It was a big thing back then to have only remote locking etc. Unfortunately, a dealer here in NI had about 6 or 7 cars entered and the stereos stolen. The means of entry? Crow bar in the door jambs!! Unbelieveable thuggery, and the amount of damage caused was huge, and expensive! That was the end of that idea - it was easier and cheaper to replace the locks.  :-/

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 January 2007, 21:56:58 »

How true - you can only try your best to put the scumbags off, and hope that they'll move on to some other poor sod! Cynical I know, but true nonetheless....
I remember some years ago, when Vx had a particularly bad reputation for having the door locks punched, that they brought out a range of Carltons IIRC which had no actual door locks. It was a big thing back then to have only remote locking etc. Unfortunately, a dealer here in NI had about 6 or 7 cars entered and the stereos stolen. The means of entry? Crow bar in the door jambs!! Unbelieveable thuggery, and the amount of damage caused was huge, and expensive! That was the end of that idea - it was easier and cheaper to replace the locks.  :-/

A car dealer I know, now retired, used to have the cars broken into regularly on his forecourt. Had it all on CCTV.

What used to happen was, the same guy would bring a different load of hooligans, and teach them how to break into cars.

Never stole anything, dealer didn't leave the radios in the cars, just used to use them for practice.
I like red cars

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 January 2007, 22:19:23 »

I think it would have an anti-syphon device but I was taking to a Trucker recently who says if they can't get the cap off his rig they hit it with a sledgehammer - so just park in a well lit area and hope for the best.
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

JasonH

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 January 2007, 22:27:01 »

Doesn't the cover lock automatically with the central locking?

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 January 2007, 22:33:53 »

It does but someone recently forced James open and emptied the tank  :(
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11 January 2007, 23:06:31 »

..... but the flap is only plastic and easily forced open. It looks like mine had been forced some time before I bought it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.