Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Glove Box Repair  (Read 2807 times)

sounds2k

• Omega Knight
  • Queenborough, Kent
    • Saabs and a Jag XFR
    • View Profile
Re: Glove Box Repair
« Reply #15 on: 07 June 2007, 21:13:02 »

from memory when I tried this, not sure if there's something holding the top of the glovebox lid in place as well - as well as the damping strut.

However - a trick for when removing the barrel - do it with the key in! The key passes through the levers in the lock - so if the key is present they can't spring out  :y
« Last Edit: 07 June 2007, 21:13:40 by sounds2k »

Brian T

• Intermediate Member
  • Addiscombe, Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11 June 2007, 16:43:39 »

OK so it didn't happen this weekend, but that was becasue my local Vx dealer doesn't keep this item on the shelf and I can't order one without going in to the parts dept and at the moment I can't get in! (work in the city)
As soon as I figure out how yo get one I will change it and tke piccies at the same time.

If anybody knows where i can order one online that would be perfick!

Brian
Illegitimis nil carborundum

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11 June 2007, 20:00:05 »

I managed to get another glove box handle/lock into its hole without removing the glovebox..... it was a little time consuming but did it with a long thin screw driver :y
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Brian T

• Intermediate Member
  • Addiscombe, Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 26 June 2007, 18:40:26 »

So I followed Omegatoys instructions and removed the 2 pins that make up the hinges and sure enough the back of the glovebox drops down. Unfortunately the left hand "guide" (can't think what else to call it) seems to be being held inside by something and I can't get in there to see what!

I've tried fitting the new lock assembly with the glovebox still in situ as per Loo-Knee but it doesn't want to go all the way in

Any ideas?

I've got some fairly naff phone cam pictures but I'm too stupid to figurer out how to put them on here! :-[

Dave-C

• Omega Knight
  • Staffordshire
  • The Old Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 26 June 2007, 18:50:14 »

;D ATTENTION!!!! Bugger haynes and all the rest~!!! look at the glovebox hinges carefully and you will see two pins hold them together, my way which takes about twenty seconds to get the glovebox lid off is using a thin punch or screw driver just push on the pins and they will slide out allowing you to have the glove box lid off in seconds!! then you can strip the lid for its inner workings in the comfort of you armchair and effect what repairs are necessary  :y

has no one else done it this way?? if not suggest its made a sticky cos its blooming quick!!
Omegatoy

Next time I'm in Oxford, do you fancy coming nickin' sat navs with me   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Do it right, do it once................

Brian T

• Intermediate Member
  • Addiscombe, Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 26 June 2007, 18:58:33 »

So I followed Omegatoys instructions and removed the 2 pins that make up the hinges and sure enough the back of the glovebox drops down. Unfortunately the left hand "guide" (can't think what else to call it) seems to be being held inside by something and I can't get in there to see what![/
« Last Edit: 26 June 2007, 18:59:25 by Thomasba »

AndyT

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 27 June 2007, 14:03:54 »

I tried to take the lid off by removing the hinge pins but then the lid was still hanging by two stays (and one of them seems to have a damping mechanism attached to it). After fighting to get these to unhook or disconnect somehow, gave up.
Andy T  >:(

sounds2k

• Omega Knight
  • Queenborough, Kent
    • Saabs and a Jag XFR
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 27 June 2007, 15:35:58 »

I tried to take the lid off by removing the hinge pins but then the lid was still hanging by two stays (and one of them seems to have a damping mechanism attached to it). After fighting to get these to unhook or disconnect somehow, gave up.
... just remove the entire glovebox, take it indoors and work on it there ...  ;)

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 27 June 2007, 16:04:43 »

There are some pictures on the link below showing the various glovebox mounting points. sorry for the size of the pics.

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/5868449
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 18 queries.