Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BOSAL Exhaust centre boxes  (Read 1547 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
BOSAL Exhaust centre boxes
« on: 27 July 2007, 17:10:19 »

Had two more Nexens fitted this morning to replace the trashed tyres.

Had tracking and camber done by quite flash looking kit (although the computer was only 64 as opposed to the Athlon 3000's etc of yesterday) Camber was acceptable so left that alone. The tracking was horribly out. £18.

While the car was up on the ramps, we had a good look at the blowing exhaust. Both the back edges of the centre boxes have holes where I have caught many things (rocks, sleeping policeman, tops of car park ramps and so on). He quoted WAIT FOR IT

£238 pounds for the two boxes and then £16 an hour to fit them. They were from the BOSAL catalogue. Is that a reasonable price!? I suspect it will be cheaper to go to an Opel dealer and get some as recommended on the forum. But that will mean an 80 mile round trip to get them to order the parts, another trip to check they have actaully got them in, a three night hotel stay when I go back and find they broke the rear box getting the pipes off and need another three days to order a back box.........

BuyPartsBy are about £80 plus VAT but carriage to Spain!!

The shop manager said to me as a parting shot - take it to a crash repair and paint shop and they will be able to braze a plate on for much less! I may just do that.

olive
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
Re: BOSAL Exhaust centre boxes
« Reply #1 on: 27 July 2007, 17:51:49 »

Try this link .... you might be able to force the BOSAL site into an export price !! At least it will give you some idea !!  :)

http://www.catalogue.bosal.com/pages/exh_select_order_list.php?query_nr=20&sysnr=08822800

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 July 2007, 20:00:09 »

....... He quoted WAIT FOR IT

£238 pounds for the two boxes and then £16 an hour to fit them. They were from the BOSAL catalogue.  .......

Compared to the price in a Fert Vert (sp?) - a French Halfords type place - quite cheap!? He quoted Euros 700 for the 3 bits!! Obviously I declined the offer! That was Bosal too

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 July 2007, 22:02:48 »

The phrase 'camber acceptable' worries me as it probably was not...

I try to aim as close to -1deg 20' as possible.......do NOT go by the huge range sudgested by Vx!

Ken T

• Omega Baron
  • Stockport
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 July 2007, 00:20:37 »

Does it have to be Bosal ?. A quick look on Fleebay shows http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EXHAUST-Vauxhall-OMEGA-A-Saloon-Rear-Silencer-P1731_W0QQitemZ200066772990QQihZ010QQcategoryZ10404QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem who are doing bits for £21 which is a bit cheaper!. They come from Germany so you might be able to ttrack down a supplier in your area, alternatively the Ebay company could poss ship them for a reasonable fee.  :y :y :y
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not so sure...

davlad22

• Omega Knight
  • Sunny Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 July 2007, 02:45:19 »

Couple of hundred squid sounds acceptable for a full system, tis a V6 after all! Should last for a good few years and i'd ask what sort of warranty is offered with the system. Isn't it about 3 years here?

Kaycee

• Intermediate Member
  • Doncaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 July 2007, 07:35:45 »

I had a Quote for a Bosal on my 2.5 CDX  1998 225 fitted but i got a VX one with TC for 235 + 20 to have it fitted the difference is awsome the car is so quiet i can just about hear  the clock ticking never ever again will i buy a aftermarket exhaust
 well i cant hear clock but wow wat a difference no roar on accelaration just a pleasant hissing as the speedo needles climbs up the clock(Heaven)_

robert
There is a tide in the affairs of man if taken at the flood will lead on to greater things

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 July 2007, 10:20:52 »

Had tracking and camber done by quite flash looking kit (although the computer was only 64 as opposed to the Athlon 3000's etc of yesterday) Camber was acceptable so left that alone. The tracking was horribly out. £18.
inside shoulder is camber, not tracking...   ...acceptable is not good enough, the specified range is too wide...
Grumpy old man

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 July 2007, 11:00:23 »

Right camber it is. At least I am running and legal.

No wait a minute, went to go out and the car wouldn't start. Sealed battery shows black for tatered. New Fiamm with two year guarantee only 13 months ago. Waiting for a neighbour to come and give me a jump start. Methinks will need to get garage to check the charging is up to scratch. Wait a minute it is Saturday they close at one.

Better have a beer. Resume battle on Monday.

olive  
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 July 2007, 12:13:54 »

Right camber it is. At least I am running and legal.

No wait a minute, went to go out and the car wouldn't start. Sealed battery shows black for tatered. New Fiamm with two year guarantee only 13 months ago. Waiting for a neighbour to come and give me a jump start. Methinks will need to get garage to check the charging is up to scratch. Wait a minute it is Saturday they close at one.

Better have a beer. Resume battle on Monday.

olive  
Works for me ;D
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 18 queries.