Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Think i need a new wheel bearing :(  (Read 558 times)

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
Think i need a new wheel bearing :(
« on: 16 May 2008, 00:41:34 »

Think I need a new wheel bearing  :'( Its making a bearingish noise that increases from the front :(

Had its MOT last Friday, but before I took it, I checked the car over and noticed a little bit of play in the front wheel... managed to correct the problem by nipping up the centre hub bolt a little bit (what ever you call it). There was no play after doing the above, and the car passed its MOT.

Since then, the noise is getting louder and louder every time I go out in it  :-[ Will check it for play again tomorrow.

Only other thing I can think of is that wheel also has a new tyre... could this cause the problem?

Also, How easy is it to do?

What tools will I need?

And can I change the bearings? or is it easier to change the whole hub?

Thanks in advance
[size=12]
LMF are utter rubbish - dont buy steering idlers from them! You've been warned![/size]

valliant72

• London
    • View Profile
Re: Think i need a new wheel bearing :(
« Reply #1 on: 16 May 2008, 02:20:05 »

front wheel bearing is a complete hub, not hard to do, need to take brake caliper off and caliper bracket, undo small torx screw holding disc on and then undo hub nut. Only thing is the high torque setting for the hub nut, had to buy another torque wrench when i did my senator ones, there the same as the omega.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 18 queries.