Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible Omega ower....after a few pointers please  (Read 2128 times)

bighed

• Shropshire
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Omega ower....after a few pointers please
« Reply #15 on: 20 November 2008, 00:11:37 »

No reason why you can't have cruise on a manual.

I dont knowas mines auto, just didnt think manuals would as they cant change gear like an auto could.  :-[

Albatross

• Omega Baron
  • Bedford
  • An LSD & an S2000!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 20 November 2008, 07:53:40 »

It has all been said. Personally I would go for a 3.2 auto (Oh, I have  ;D), but in addition to the excellent advice above do be aware of the difference in road tax prices for cars with bigger engines that are registered after March 2001. If you care, you're ongoing running costs will be less for a pre-2001 car; although I have heard rumours that this road tax hike may have been postponed.

feeutfo

« Reply #17 on: 20 November 2008, 14:06:33 »

ar yes, just remembed the other reason i dismissed the 4 pot. I want an auto, which saps the power a little. The 4 pot i drove was a manual.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #18 on: 20 November 2008, 14:47:36 »

Personally would go for a manual..Autos on low speeds  thrash the performance a bit..

rockayansky

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 22 November 2008, 18:15:22 »

The motors iv'e looked into all have autos which lead me to believe that manuals are resonably rare on V6's.
By the way 16 mpg on my Cherokee equates to about 32 in LPG money.......

What's the earliest Elite facelift I can get? It gets me soooo mad that a car made a couple of weeks either side of the tax threshhold can be so differnt in tax.....what a rip!!!!!!!

markey mark

• Omega Baron
  • SLady bitshorpe north lincs
  • banned for repeatedly reneaging on deals.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 22 November 2008, 18:20:01 »

w regd i think is earliest  :-/

tmx

• Omega Baron
  • Herefordshire
    • 3.2 MV6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 22 November 2008, 18:24:51 »

aye the earliest f/l ive seen is a W reg!

my MV6 has cruise and its manual!!! doesnt need to change gear as cruise is designed for motorways/long a roads where lots of gear changing isnt required!

serek

• Omega Knight
  • huntingdon
    • 3.2 mv6
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 22 November 2008, 18:25:16 »

you can buy facelift omega with 3.0 motor  with mean low tax for next year and also round town 16 - 19 mpg long run 30 mpg ish 70-75 mph
if you go for 3.2 more dear tax but possyble better MPG then on 3.0

jonathanh

• Omega Knight
  • coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 22 November 2008, 20:15:53 »

I've had a 2.5 V6 for just over 18 months.  Fuel economy is not bad for the size of the car and engine although I was hoping for a bit more.  Maybe it's the way I drive it but I get about 300 - 340 miles to a tank which the trip equates to an average of 24mpg ish.

I've heard manual cars are quite a bit better in the ecnomy department.

I drove a 2.0 recently and was also pleasantly surprised by the power and obvioulsy the fuel economy was better This was a manual car and I think as good as the auto's are, they do sap a fair bit of power.

One thing that is a plus with a V6 is the noise - Modify your airbox, find a tunnel, enjoy!

They wouldnt have cruise control on them would they which is the muts nuts on the motorwy and decent roads.  :y

ok  I've got a 2.5 manual with cruise.  The cruise is retrofit with help of the forum.  parts easily available from egay etc.  
So what's the answer here.  economy is governed by driving style:  i get 33mpg in town by driving carefully: this compares well to other cars particularly 1.6 focus driven by boy racers who think speeding up to 40pmh is impressive (terribly sorry old boy, I am a little tired....).  the 3.0 should be similar although i've never driven one.

As to top end performance, if on the odd occasion you need or want to push your cal along then you will not miss a V6:  it will clear 90pmh in third whether a 2.5 or 3.0 and it will pull way beyond 30mph with  ease

my very personal view is go for a V6 because of the smile it puts on your face when you open it up.  Also given the green/gordon brown bridaade we are unlikely to see many V6 cars in the future:enjoy one while you can.

oh and whith the torque on a V6 it will pull in 5th from 30mph to beyond 140mph in a manual
parking near Birmingham airport for members with +250 posts.  PM for info

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 22 November 2008, 20:28:02 »

ok  I've got a 2.5 manual with cruise.  .... 3.0 should be similar although i've never driven one. ......

Although there's only 30 odd bhp difference between the two it is non the less quite noticable......  :y

jonathanh

• Omega Knight
  • coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 22 November 2008, 20:33:59 »

ok  I've got a 2.5 manual with cruise.  .... 3.0 should be similar although i've never driven one. ......

Although there's only 30 odd bhp difference between the two it is non the less quite noticable......  :y

agreed:  I think the ideal motor is something that is reasonably econimical when you feel like driving like gandad but can shift when you want to.  to me it mean a manual V6.  any yes if I could lay my hands on s 3.2 i'd go for that over a 2.5/2.6 brecause of the additional grunt bit the 3.2 manual is only ex-plod
parking near Birmingham airport for members with +250 posts.  PM for info
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 22 queries.