Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.5td injection pump  (Read 597 times)

erubus

• blairgowrie
    • View Profile
2.5td injection pump
« on: 12 September 2009, 10:40:17 »

Hi there guys.  I have the chance of getting a new injector pump for my 2.5td elite.  The guy that had them was unsure about whether they are just a straight swap or whether the ecu needs reprogrammed when a new pump is fitted.  is this the case? I've been told that older pumps won't go with new ecu's and vice versa, but is it otherwise a straight swap?

cheers, Gill

Turk

• Omega Baron
  • Llanelli, Wales
    • 2.5td, H-D XL1200
    • View Profile
Re: 2.5td injection pump
« Reply #1 on: 12 September 2009, 11:38:50 »

Check the No.'s match. They don't necessarily have to be exactly the same. It is possible to cross reference as to which are compatible, but you'll need to speak with a Bosch technician. If you can supply your pump No.'s, and of the pump you're considering buying, I may be able to assist.
ECU reprogramme is not req'd and the key is not security coded to the pump, but the compatability of the pump No.'s are critical. 
Only a biker truly understands why a dog sticks it's head out of the window of a moving car.

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 September 2009, 20:48:48 »

Check the No.'s match. They don't necessarily have to be exactly the same. It is possible to cross reference as to which are compatible, but you'll need to speak with a Bosch technician. If you can supply your pump No.'s, and of the pump you're considering buying, I may be able to assist.
ECU reprogramme is not req'd and the key is not security coded to the pump, but the compatability of the pump No.'s are critical. 

:y :y :y :y :y

erubus

• blairgowrie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 September 2009, 21:09:30 »

cheers, just what i was wanting to know.  Where about on the pump do i find the numbers?  hopefully i'll get a match and will have ended my stalling problems, will just need a new gearbox haha

Turk

• Omega Baron
  • Llanelli, Wales
    • 2.5td, H-D XL1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 September 2009, 22:39:07 »

cheers, just what i was wanting to know.  Where about on the pump do i find the numbers?  hopefully i'll get a match and will have ended my stalling problems, will just need a new gearbox haha

I got the No's off my pump whilst still on the car. Use a compact digital or phone camera, set to macro, with flash off and exposure set to "dark conditions". The lens will be too close to the pump to use a flash.  The No's are on the side facing the battery.

It took me about 8 attempts before I got the image I wanted. I'm trying to get it onto Photobucket so I can post an image of what you are looking for, but it's just not happening at the moment.   

Only a biker truly understands why a dog sticks it's head out of the window of a moving car.

erubus

• blairgowrie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 September 2009, 14:20:47 »

cheers, i'll give it a try, i've got a good camera on my phone so hopefully shouldn't have too much trouble.

Turk

• Omega Baron
  • Llanelli, Wales
    • 2.5td, H-D XL1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 September 2009, 23:15:09 »

I replaced the autobox on my '94 Elite, which is now my "spares" car.  It's done about 25k miles (absolute max).
I blew my original by fitting a Tunit box. AR25's don't last long when they have to cope with near on an extra 30bhp. Ah well, ya live 'n' learn ! If your interested, let me know.
Although to be honest, you'd have to go for an AR35 if you intend chipping the 2.5td  :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 18 queries.