Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: multi rams  (Read 817 times)

mic_k

• Telford shropshire
    • View Profile
multi rams
« on: 15 October 2009, 17:43:00 »

Hi everyone! I just found out that my rear multiram doesn't open - the front one between bores works fine. vaccum pipes looks ok but I'm wandering if there is any way to check the selonoid/electric valve with multimeter eg where the current should be ,cause it might be just the plug problem. Will appreciate any advice

cheers
Laser cows, like normal cows but with lasers

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Re: multi rams
« Reply #1 on: 15 October 2009, 17:52:26 »

To check the current flow of a solinoid your need to break into the wiring, probably easier to check the voltage drop accross it.
Chris :y

mic_k

• Telford shropshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 October 2009, 17:58:52 »

but will the current be
at the plug all the time or only at 4000rpm and more?

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #3 on: 15 October 2009, 18:04:06 »

Its front multiram that comes in above 4000rpm - rear in (I believe) at > 1000rpm   ;)
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

mic_k

• Telford shropshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 October 2009, 18:13:58 »

Its front multiram that comes in above 4000rpm - rear in (I believe) at > 1000rpm   ;)

my rear one doesn't move at all but are you sure about that figure?, it would just mean it is open all the time exept idling

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 October 2009, 18:20:01 »

Its front multiram that comes in above 4000rpm - rear in (I believe) at > 1000rpm   ;)

my rear one doesn't move at all but are you sure about that figure?, it would just mean it is open all the time exept idling

The rear multi ram opens at around 1000rpm like already said, the front at around 4000rpm. I have seen it where the rear multi ram does not always work by blipping the throttle at around 1000rpm but works when at higher revs then blipped if that makes sense :y
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

mic_k

• Telford shropshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 October 2009, 18:28:15 »

all explained. I'll go to check it now with multimeter. at least try in that darkness  ;D

Just checked the plug - there is 12-13 Volts all the time no matter what  revs are. is that right? if it is I probably need new selonoid.  :-/
« Last Edit: 15 October 2009, 18:47:52 by todh »

Goonybird

• Northampton
  • Shouldn't have gone to Specsavers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 October 2009, 19:09:59 »

all explained. I'll go to check it now with multimeter. at least try in that darkness  ;D

Just checked the plug - there is 12-13 Volts all the time no matter what  revs are. is that right? if it is I probably need new selonoid.  :-/

Broke my solenoid (twice) while doing the rocker gaskets.  If I remember the resistance across terminals was 300ohms with the coil open circuit.(there's a resistor fitted across the terminals inside) and 30ohms with the coil repaired (twice! :D)

Stef
Have owned: Opel Manta A 1900 Auto Berlinetta, Opel Manta B 2.0 Auto Berlinetta, Vx Royale Coupe 2.8 Auto, various non Vx, Skoda Superb 130tdi currently Omega 2.5CDX - now Octavia vRS WRC

mic_k

• Telford shropshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15 October 2009, 19:18:04 »

wait, so broken selonoid will afect the valve opening or just give false signal to ecu ? I know its a basic stupid question but i'm not sure, going to check resistance on terminals...  ...where is that torch? ;)

I'm back ! resistance is 41.3ohms on idle not far from 30 then. I'm unable to check at revs - just unsure what was the figure its a PITA to hold test leads there
« Last Edit: 15 October 2009, 19:42:18 by todh »

Goonybird

• Northampton
  • Shouldn't have gone to Specsavers
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15 October 2009, 22:40:59 »

wait, so broken selonoid will afect the valve opening or just give false signal to ecu ? I know its a basic stupid question but i'm not sure, going to check resistance on terminals...  ...where is that torch? ;)

I'm back ! resistance is 41.3ohms on idle not far from 30 then. I'm unable to check at revs - just unsure what was the figure its a PITA to hold test leads there

I afraid I am no expert, but that resistance reading is about there. I think the reading I had was about 37ohms.? The coil fires the plunger to move the valve? to enable the multiram.?
Have owned: Opel Manta A 1900 Auto Berlinetta, Opel Manta B 2.0 Auto Berlinetta, Vx Royale Coupe 2.8 Auto, various non Vx, Skoda Superb 130tdi currently Omega 2.5CDX - now Octavia vRS WRC
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 22 queries.