Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sunroof and door problems  (Read 355 times)

takemetothepub

Sunroof and door problems
« on: 11 April 2010, 08:55:34 »

Hello all, just bought the lady a 96 Omega 2.0 and have a couple of niggles I was wondering if anyone would have any tips on please?

First is the sunroof, you put the dial to the position you want and push it up, you hear a click, then about a second later another click but no movement from the roof? Does the same in every position.

The second is the rear doors, from the outside they only open now and then but open fine every time from the inside.
You can stand outside and pull the handle 100 times then it might open, other times they open first time? Any thoughts?

Thanks for any help or insight you might have,

Nick

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
  • this is some MOT advisory list!.
    • View Profile
Re: Sunroof and door problems
« Reply #1 on: 11 April 2010, 09:29:50 »

try moving the sunroof by using a screwdriver in the emergency hole thing to make sure its able to move freely, as for the doors ive got the same thing on one of mine, i think youll find that the metal bar from the handle inside the door needs adjusting, there is a nylon bit on the rod that sits in the door mech that is threaded, so off with the door card & turn it down a few turns. :y :y

ScaniaV8

• Luton, Bedfordshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 April 2010, 17:39:27 »

As a matter of interest....which direction should the screwdriver be turned...clockwise or anti-clockwise to slide the sunroof open and how hard (pressure) is needed with the screwdriver  to get it to start sliding?. I do not wish to snap anything.  I have the same reported problem.  I have followed all the normal switch resetting sequence.   thanks

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 April 2010, 18:56:28 »

Have a look through the 'HowTo's' in the Maintenance Guides Section, you should find any info you need there for both the door opening issue & the sunroof :y
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

omegasport

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 April 2010, 19:11:20 »

hi ive had the same problem .the door handles u will need to remove door cards and plastic stuff. in side door u will see the back of the handles and and a rod .at the end of the rod is a white bit u will need to unscrew the handle 2 10mm nuts pull it out the door so the rod is release and u need to turn the white bit anti clock wise the unscrew it abit. and then refit it as most of the handle on the omega come out of adjustment cost the rod isnt pushing down on the arm enough to release the door catch i hope u understand this and i hope it helps .
« Last Edit: 11 April 2010, 19:12:44 by omegasport »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 18 queries.