Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dis/Coil Pack  (Read 578 times)

eliteomegaman

• Intermediate Member
  • Bolton, Lancashire
  • if it aint broke dont fix it....
    • View Profile
Dis/Coil Pack
« on: 15 May 2010, 19:00:02 »

Am i right in thinking that if i've got a faulty dis/coil pack it WON'T show up on a paper clip test?
For those of u that havn't been following my saga of a misfiring/stuttering/running rough V6, after replacing & testing most things that could be the cause, the only thing that hasn't been checked is the used coil pack bought by the previous owner   ::) but i still have the original which will also be tested

Can the pack be tested whilst on the car or does it have to be taken off  :-/

If the packs ok the final test to be done is with a Tech 2 to test the injector cut off
Failing all this i'll have to sell it as spares & repairs on ebay cos its the elite model with a good set of 17'' alloys & new rear tyres (any idea what i should put it in for as its got a 10mth MOT & taxed till beg Sept?)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Dis/Coil Pack
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2010, 19:43:27 »

I very nearly suggested that you drive it over to me, dump it, have a few days R and R and then I will drive you to the airport! However you sound like you have exactly the same problem as me so pls don't!!

I have just found a rubber hose from a vacuum valve  to the SAI pump between the rad and the silver air con pipe(?) with a big split. Took it off and blocked the valve off and not a blind bit of difference. Still misfiring but revs well.

Don't give up. Is there another forum member near you who could help? A second pair of eyes can work wonders.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

eliteomegaman

• Intermediate Member
  • Bolton, Lancashire
  • if it aint broke dont fix it....
    • View Profile
Re: Dis/Coil Pack
« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2010, 21:32:49 »

Mmmm nice idea & cud do with a bit of fun in the sun  :D

But i'll persevere until i've exhausted all options   :'(

Have had the original dis pack tested & that's fine so now need the one on the car tested but would like to know if it can be done in situ  :-?

Anyone know if it can be done to save time  :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 22 queries.