Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3.2 v6 heads  (Read 909 times)

v6 steve

• View Profile
3.2 v6 heads
« on: 19 June 2010, 13:43:00 »

hi there not been on for some time, i have a calibra with a omega 3.2L engine, can some one tell me are the heads the same as a 2.5 or are they diffrent ? it looks like my cam pully has sliped and bent some valves i have 4 2.5 heads kicking about so can i use the valves out of them or will it need to be 3.2 ones?

thanks for any help you can give

charlie

• sunderland
    • View Profile
Re: 3.2 v6 heads
« Reply #1 on: 19 June 2010, 14:13:32 »

dont quote me on this but the 2.6,3.2 have an extra hole for coil pack.there is some thing in faq or matanice guild with the difference in a 2.5 head and a 2.6 head hth AS for the internals of the heads i dont know if they are interchangable,i m sure some with the info will be along shortly. :y
« Last Edit: 19 June 2010, 14:25:43 by charlie »

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 June 2010, 16:24:31 »

Afraid they're different IIRCC... May be able to get away with 3.0 heads, although the holes for the coil packs wont be there :-/
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

feeutfo

« Reply #3 on: 19 June 2010, 18:16:34 »

no idea re heads but the 3.2 cam covers can be fitted for the coil pacs, fairly sure.

needs a reply from the master to be sure though.

v6 steve

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 June 2010, 00:32:28 »

iv pulled the valves out a 2.5 head i had kicking about and they fit in the 3.2 head, EPC is saying they have diffrent part numbers tho dose anyone know if i can use them?

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 June 2010, 01:02:28 »

iv pulled the valves out a 2.5 head i had kicking about and they fit in the 3.2 head, EPC is saying they have diffrent part numbers tho dose anyone know if i can use them?

I think 3.0 / 3.2 exhaust valves are sodium filled... I think otherwise, they should fit?

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 June 2010, 15:59:31 »

I think 3.0 / 3.2 exhaust valves are sodium filled... I think otherwise, they should fit?
I think the bigger engines should have a larger combustion chamber volume to keep the same compression ratio :-/
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

v6 steve

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 June 2010, 22:13:49 »

I think the bigger engines should have a larger combustion chamber volume to keep the same compression ratio :-/

yee the heads are diffrent but are the valves the same iv tryed them in the 3.2 head and they seem to fit and seat ok so do i use them or buy new ones?

2woody

• Omega Baron
  • Northumberland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 June 2010, 22:28:55 »

3.0 & 3.2 have sodium-filled exhaust valves, which will last longer. (they conduct heat away quicker and are therefore less likely to burn out)

2.5 do not have sodium-cooled valves.

you'll probably be ok to use the 2.5 ones, but use all 12. In any case, I'd get them professionally ground.

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20 June 2010, 22:33:16 »

yee the heads are diffrent but are the valves the same iv tryed them in the 3.2 head and they seem to fit and seat ok so do i use them or buy new ones?
Oops, sorry, was still thinking about head differences.

My assumption is that sodium cooled exhaust valves would be most important for autobahn trips or towing caravans.  :-/
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

v6 steve

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21 June 2010, 23:10:32 »

its was only the inlet valves that got bent on one bank so im thinking the 2.5 ones should do
thanks for your help guys

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21 June 2010, 23:18:49 »

Afraid they're different IIRCC... May be able to get away with 3.0 heads, although the holes for the coil packs wont be there :-/

Depends Paul, if the 3.0 engine is a newer one it will have the two per side tapped holes for the coil packs :y
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 18 queries.