Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Exterior mirrors  (Read 1691 times)

Dany

• Belgium
    • View Profile
Re: Exterior mirrors
« Reply #15 on: 02 September 2010, 09:53:55 »

Some help is always welcome mate  :)

I have thought to connect the mirrors to the central doors locking, I want them to fold when I lock/unlock the car with my key. But If I do that, the mirrors will fold even when I ride and I push on a door pin  :(

Sixstring

• Omega Baron
  • Lydney, Gloucestershire
  • Its just GOTTA be a big V6. Mmm....NOS........
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02 September 2010, 10:03:23 »

Dany.....
Take a feed from the ign switch to the relay to make a "hold off" situation, using the N/O side of the relay to the feed to fold the mirrors. when the ign feed is removed, the relay closes, feeding the motor of the folding mirrors with a 12v supply. Assuming they have some sort of timer on them so the motor stops when they are folded, every time you start the car, the mirrors will fold out, and when you turn off, they will fold (a la Mercedes). Bear in mind you will need a twin pole relay for fold and unfold............because the mirrors will have a fold feed and an unfold feed, i.e n/c for fold, n/o for unfold. common to 12v ign.
HTH

Mike.
Self confessed Electro-Mechanical nut, Guitarist/Singer and Motorcyclist. Drives an estate due to all the equipment he has to carry,Electrickery fiddler who loves Automatics and BIG Vee engines.

aaronjb

« Reply #17 on: 02 September 2010, 10:07:33 »

As an aside..

I had a Japanese import Nissan 300ZX once, which came fitted with electrically folding mirrors (the UK/Euro ones didn't :( ) - anyhow, they were originally on a little switch in the centre console.

Came in very handy when reversing into my (at the time) very tight garage and so on, for sneaking past pillars and garage doors..

When I had an aftermarket alarm fitted I also had the guy wire them up so that they only folded in as the ignition went off as you're describing - after I did that, I found out that I much preferred it when I could fold them in at any time - so you might want to retain that functionality (I'm guessing fitting a switch in-line with the ignition feed to the relay described above).

Dany

• Belgium
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02 September 2010, 10:13:03 »

Errrrfffff... I will need a little diagram to do it lol
My English is not too advanced... But I understand the idea.

To Aaron, what I want to do is the mirrors fold/unfold when I open/close the car with the key, but with keeping the button functionality.

Sixstring

• Omega Baron
  • Lydney, Gloucestershire
  • Its just GOTTA be a big V6. Mmm....NOS........
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02 September 2010, 10:34:46 »

Dany....

PM me with an address, and I will gladly send you an "idiots diagram" on how to do it, with wiring colours and relay type and numbers to buy it from the e-bay site.

Should only cost you 15 euros :y or so..........

Mike.
Self confessed Electro-Mechanical nut, Guitarist/Singer and Motorcyclist. Drives an estate due to all the equipment he has to carry,Electrickery fiddler who loves Automatics and BIG Vee engines.

Dany

• Belgium
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02 September 2010, 10:39:17 »

PM sent  :y

Dany

• Belgium
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 05 September 2010, 15:31:28 »

I have tried to install the mirrors today and... There is another problem!!

The memory function is missing on the new ones...
It's a 9 pins connexion. On my mirrors, I have the 9 pins used, but no folding motors... On the new ones, it's always a 9 pins connexion but only 8 pins used, with folding function (2 wires used for the folding motors) but no memory. So I need 11 pins to have memory + folding function... But it's a 9 pins connector...

I have re  installed mines in waiting for a solution...
« Last Edit: 05 September 2010, 15:33:40 by moudufond »
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 18 queries.