Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lumpy Auto Box  (Read 396 times)

KJO

• Cork
    • View Profile
Lumpy Auto Box
« on: 13 January 2011, 01:58:39 »

I bought a 2.2 Auto reg Sept 2000 in mid Dec 2010. Since the snow & cold weather in which I used the winter programme  the car now usually starts off in 3rd gear (no light comes on when the winter programme button is pressed although it did originally), the kick down does not work. Also there is no rev change moving from 4th to 3rd manually, however at 50 mph it cruises at 2000 revs. If it does start in 1st gear it is reluctant to change up and then appears to skip 2nd going straight into 3rd.  Would welcome suggestions re this problem.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Lumpy Auto Box
« Reply #1 on: 13 January 2011, 06:42:18 »

I bought a 2.2 Auto reg Sept 2000 in mid Dec 2010. Since the snow & cold weather in which I used the winter programme  the car now usually starts off in 3rd gear (no light comes on when the winter programme button is pressed although it did originally), the kick down does not work. Also there is no rev change moving from 4th to 3rd manually, however at 50 mph it cruises at 2000 revs. If it does start in 1st gear it is reluctant to change up and then appears to skip 2nd going straight into 3rd.  Would welcome suggestions re this problem.

You've a fault. You car is setting off in 3rd, not because it's in the winter/snow mode, but because it's in limp mode. You need to get you car hooked up to a fault/fault code reader. It could also be something other than a gearbox fault to make the gearbox upset though.  :y

Martin_1962

« Reply #2 on: 13 January 2011, 09:58:30 »

Selector switch

KJO

• Cork
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 January 2011, 00:58:35 »

Many thanks for your help.

KJO

• Cork
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 January 2011, 01:00:26 »

You've a fault. You car is setting off in 3rd, not because it's in the winter/snow mode, but because it's in limp mode. You need to get you car hooked up to a fault/fault code reader. It could also be something other than a gearbox fault to make the gearbox upset though.  :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.