Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: electric pump in tank 2.2dti  (Read 669 times)

lightfj

• Liverpool
    • View Profile
electric pump in tank 2.2dti
« on: 18 May 2011, 17:56:54 »

Does the 2.2 dti have a lift pump in the tank?
If so where is the pump relay situated?
I had a leak on pies to no1 & 2 injectors this was replaced along with spill off pipes on 1 &2.
Now a month later after no problems car wont start.
Cant hear any pump running when listening in boot with ign on.
Any help appreciated.
there's always an expert on here.
Thanks in advance
jeff

charlie

• sunderland
    • View Profile
Re: electric pump in tank 2.2dti
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2011, 18:03:45 »

I dont think the 2.2dti has the uplift pump in the tank,

Brikhead

• Omega Knight
  • West-Mids.
  • Sleeping. Do not disturb.
    • 2003 chitroen Saxo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2011, 18:32:59 »

As said, the 2.2 diesel relies on the engine mounted injector pump to 'suck' the fuel from the tank.
Is the e.m.l. on? May be worth trying the pedal trick if it is but I don't think that works with the diesels.

If it were my car I would check the fuel filter 'bowl' is full to the brim with diesel...

« Last Edit: 18 May 2011, 18:33:24 by brikhead »

greenfingers 79

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 May 2011, 00:31:19 »

as said there is no lift pump in the tank although it is worth extracting the filter vto clean it on the bottom of the fuel lines, the pedal trick wont work on the dti and poor starting leads to an air leak somewhere but it could be anywhere.
i have suffered terribly with starting my dti and always have a can of easy start in the boot.
the 2.2dti dosent like an empty tank and some others have fitted a non return valve inbetween pump and engine to stop the fuel rerturning to the tank.

Brikhead

• Omega Knight
  • West-Mids.
  • Sleeping. Do not disturb.
    • 2003 chitroen Saxo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 May 2011, 00:05:38 »

Continued use of Easy Start isn't good for diesel engines, it's best to try and find the cause of the non starting.

If the fuel filter is full when you remove the lid then that would indicate that the fuel system is air tight and the problem lies elsewhere, possibly crank sensor (rev counter not been playing up, has it?) or pump edc problems, these faults should be accompanied by the e.m.l. coming on.

If the fuel filter is empty or nearly empty then that points to problems with leak off pipes or injector upper seals, these problems can be masked by fitting an inline primer pump, as found under the bonnet of most French diesels, your local scrap yard should provide one for around the cost of a single can of Easy Start...

lightfj

• Liverpool
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 May 2011, 03:06:28 »

Thanks for all the replies.
Problem started with leaking hi-pressure pipes to Nos 1 & 2 injectors. After replacing them and a 30 mile run later, wouldn't start after a half hour stop. Resorted to the dreaded easy start to get home. Inspecting the spill off pipes to 1 &2 -they looked frayed and cracked so replaced them. Car was then superb for about a month then suddenly wont start - easy start eventually gets it going and once running it is smooth and runs beautifully.
Sounds like a minor air leak on spill off pipes.
Currently have the pipe to the banjo sealed with a drill shank and the spill off pipes feeding into a small bottle. It has failed to start after a 3 hr rest. So to tomorrow morning will decide it the injector end or not.
Incidentally the new pipe looks very frail -Is there a better pipe available any where.
Thanks to all for replies
jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 23 queries.