Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote key fob no longer locks/unlocks  (Read 1036 times)

OmegaOxford

• View Profile
Remote key fob no longer locks/unlocks
« on: 23 February 2008, 22:52:18 »

Hi

Have a facelift Omega MV6.  Recently the keyfob remote locking has stopped working.... Before it failed completely, it would intermittently lock/unlock, then failed altogether.

Is this just a battery problem or something more involved?  If I press the button on the fob to lock/unlock then the led shines brightly as normal, but nothing happens on the car.... The only thing I've noticed is that the duration of the led seems to be shorter than normal..... Any ideas?

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Remote key fob no longer locks/unlocks
« Reply #1 on: 23 February 2008, 23:14:32 »

It's often due to the battery holder being loose on the pcb, & so loses its synchronisation. You have to re-soler the holder's legs back to the pcb & then re-sync the key - key in ign, turn on, then press the lock button, doors lock & then unlock. Sorted (fingers crossed  ;))

Martin_1962

Re: Remote key fob no longer locks/unlocks
« Reply #2 on: 24 February 2008, 09:46:30 »

Is this just a battery problem or something more involved?  If I press the button on the fob to lock/unlock then the led shines brightly as normal, but nothing happens on the car.... The only thing I've noticed is that the duration of the led seems to be shorter than normal..... Any ideas?

NEeds resyncing - see the previous post
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 18 queries.