Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ncdc 2013 mp3 aux in ???  (Read 2068 times)

revolvolt

• oxford
    • View Profile
ncdc 2013 mp3 aux in ???
« on: 10 August 2008, 10:28:03 »

Hi all.
Is there any way to connect an mp3 player to an ncdc 2013 stereo ?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: ncdc 2013 mp3 aux in ???
« Reply #1 on: 10 August 2008, 12:54:13 »

Hi all.
Is there any way to connect an mp3 player to an ncdc 2013 stereo ?
fm modulator.

The aux in is only designed for phones (and is mono I believe)
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 August 2008, 16:50:01 »

FM Modulator is the way to go, but make sure its a wired version, the wireless versions suck.

Modulator works by putting a switch on the FM feed, used one in my old mondeo to great affect. Just had a hidden button to switch the aux feed  :y

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #3 on: 10 August 2008, 22:38:42 »

FM Modulator is the way to go, but make sure its a wired version, the wireless versions suck.

Modulator works by putting a switch on the FM feed, used one in my old mondeo to great affect. Just had a hidden button to switch the aux feed  :y

Disagree - wireless ones seem to cause more problems with radio signals when switched off. The biggest problem however with the FM modulators is that everybody always ends up with the cheap and cheesy ones from ebay.

We have never had any issues with these ones, and would recommend them all day long for just about any type of multimedia application.

http://ice.dndservices.co.uk/shop_show_item.php/ST/modulator/IID/2947/PAGE/shop_search_index.php

:y
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

revolvolt

• oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 August 2008, 22:56:34 »

Ah thanks for the help. but how do i connect my zune to the modulator ???

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #5 on: 10 August 2008, 23:00:19 »

The modulators we sell have an RCA/Phono input.

Without knowing the unit you are connecting, I have to be a bit "vague" here, but essentially you connect the headphone socket of the MP3 player to the RCA socket of the modulator, switch on and tune your radio into the modulator that is now broadcasting a signal within the car.

Dead easy to do, but beware of cheap modulators, lots of interference.

;)
www.dndservices.co.uk

revolvolt

• oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10 August 2008, 23:06:25 »

Oh i see. thanks for the help.

revolvolt

• oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10 August 2008, 23:09:03 »

Yes made that mistake once before  :-[ thats why i was looking for a wired connection but this makes sence.

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #8 on: 11 August 2008, 09:44:45 »

Many out there will have tried FM modulators with varying degrees of success, and the same can be said for us also, over the years we have seen just about every product out there. The difference is, that we fit these professionally, and to justify the prices we charge for our installations and packages, we have to ensure that we use only the highest quality kit and that no problems will ever arise from poor performance or interference. The link I sent is to the solution we use ourselves, as we have never experienced a problem with them with any application so far.

- most "Quality" audio shops will give you the same answer and solution.

;)
www.dndservices.co.uk

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11 August 2008, 10:38:43 »

Many out there will have tried FM modulators with varying degrees of success, and the same can be said for us also, over the years we have seen just about every product out there. The difference is, that we fit these professionally, and to justify the prices we charge for our installations and packages, we have to ensure that we use only the highest quality kit and that no problems will ever arise from poor performance or interference. The link I sent is to the solution we use ourselves, as we have never experienced a problem with them with any application so far.

- most "Quality" audio shops will give you the same answer and solution.

;)
Trouble is, many people don't seem to believe there are difference, and the UK public can't resist a bargain, so will buy a crap one for £15 from egay, and think its same quality as a quality version.  It can be frustrating  :'(
Grumpy old man

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #10 on: 11 August 2008, 11:46:24 »

Trouble is, many people don't seem to believe there are difference, and the UK public can't resist a bargain, so will buy a crap one for £15 from egay, and think its same quality as a quality version.  It can be frustrating  

I couldn`t agree more !!

:'(
www.dndservices.co.uk

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11 August 2008, 12:34:53 »

Disagree - wireless ones seem to cause more problems with radio signals when switched off. The biggest problem however with the FM modulators is that everybody always ends up with the cheap and cheesy ones from ebay.

We have never had any issues with these ones, and would recommend them all day long for just about any type of multimedia application.

http://ice.dndservices.co.uk/shop_show_item.php/ST/modulator/IID/2947/PAGE/shop_search_index.php

I know the wirless ones a rubbish, why i said they sucked...

I had no issues with the hard wired version.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11 August 2008, 14:42:20 »

I know the wirless ones a rubbish, why i said they sucked...
I had no issues with the hard wired version.
That was the point I was trying to make - don't cast the cheapies in the same light as the decent wireless ones
Grumpy old man

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #13 on: 11 August 2008, 15:17:37 »

That was the point I was trying to make - don't cast the cheapies in the same light as the decent wireless ones

Exactly that -

In the world of the cheapies, the hard wired ones may perform a little better than the wireless ones, but will always introduce an element of unwanted interference when listening to the radio due to the signal degregation when breaking into the aerial cables with extra joints and modules.

Tunnie, I do not know how many modulators you have had experience of, nor which brands failed on you, but I can only speak for our own experience here as a car audio service centre and say that in the last few years of professionnally supplying and fitting FM Modulators and AV equipment on behalf of many major manufacturers and car dealerships, we would no longer entertain fitting anything other than the wireless one I have indicated.

Yes, its expensive, but you get what you pay for.
www.dndservices.co.uk
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 22 queries.