Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How would I add a phone kit?  (Read 965 times)

Martin_1962

How would I add a phone kit?
« on: 15 August 2008, 19:42:33 »

We are getting new work phones and I am fed up of risking a pull. So how would I install a phone kit?

Sony H/U and changer

COnnects2 adaptor

I hate Borg implants

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: How would I add a phone kit?
« Reply #1 on: 15 August 2008, 19:49:57 »

I just ignore the rather thing when I'm driving.

Some car kits have their own mic and speaker, so you just need switched + permanent 12v, 0v and a mote signal to go into the back of the stereo.

Some have an audio output to feed the stereo. I guess it starts to depend on the head unit you have. :-/

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #2 on: 15 August 2008, 19:58:57 »

Phone kits are actually quite easy to fit - not rocket science and usually easier to wire up than a head unit. They just look complicated because there are lots of wires joining various bits together, but most of those will plug into dedicated ports on the main control module.

only issue is generally where to physically run cables etc, speaker location and space.

If you have ever fitted a stereo, you will have no problems in tackling a phone kit  

:y
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 August 2008, 21:10:40 »

chances are, Martin Imber, its prewired, in which case its plug and play (assuming your Sony shite to car loom adapter is complete), just fit the mic.

I tend to fit bluetooth unit up behind glovebox (which is where prewiring plug is), run mic up passenger A pillar and across to sunroof panel.
Grumpy old man

Martin_1962

« Reply #4 on: 15 August 2008, 23:23:53 »

chances are, Martin Imber, its prewired, in which case its plug and play (assuming your Sony shite to car loom adapter is complete), just fit the mic.

I tend to fit bluetooth unit up behind glovebox (which is where prewiring plug is), run mic up passenger A pillar and across to sunroof panel.

Oi this is real Sony before the boy racer rubbish - I had the H/U in my Carlton!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 August 2008, 09:58:17 »

Oi this is real Sony before the boy racer rubbish - I had the H/U in my Carlton!
Can't be that old, it still has the pointless, annoying 12 bleeps when you turn it off....
Grumpy old man

HolyCount

« Reply #6 on: 16 August 2008, 10:56:24 »

I just ignore the rather thing when I'm driving.

Some car kits have their own mic and speaker, so you just need switched + permanent 12v, 0v and a mote signal to go into the back of the stereo.

Some have an audio output to feed the stereo. I guess it starts to depend on the head unit you have. :-/

Kevin

Although our "operational management" provide us with mobiles, it is our "HR" policy that, whilst driving, we do not use the thing -- even with a car kit.  Naturally, however, we do  :-[
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.