Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Carin Sat Nav and Colour Screen  (Read 1072 times)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Carin Sat Nav and Colour Screen
« on: 26 January 2009, 00:28:17 »

Hi posting this coz I know nothing about the Carin Sat System.

A friend of mine has offered his Carin System and Colour Screen from his Polish Plate Opel Omega MV6 (yes a free bee), as his upgrading to a Alpine all in.

My questions are this:

1. Will the Colour screen plug into a normal UK Carin (prob not).

2. It apears to be a stand alone?, so Im thinking all I need to do is:
A. detect the light switch for Day/Night screen settings, prob +/- 12v from the light switch.
B. Sense the Ing. switch for on/off settings?.
C. Speed sensor???, will it work with out this, or wheres the best place to pick this up?.

3. Did VX ever offer this option to UK models? if so, any wiring diagrams anywhere?.

As the things fully remote controlled, Im thinking about losing the MID and fitting the Colour Screen in its place, any thoughts.

:y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Carin Sat Nav and Colour Screen
« Reply #1 on: 26 January 2009, 10:14:24 »

Never fitted in Omegas. The Carin Colour is a different unit.  Remember to add the cost of the UK map if its not coming from UK, and bear in mind the early Carin systems (not the later Carin derived as used in current models) are very old.

If you are looking at replacing your setup, consider NCDR (prefacelift) or NCDC (facelift) systems, which integrate satnav into stereo, and display info on display (GID - mono, pictorial satnav, or CID - colour, map display/intersection zoom), though these might work out more expensive.
Grumpy old man

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 January 2009, 10:55:53 »

Never fitted in Omegas. The Carin Colour is a different unit.  Remember to add the cost of the UK map if its not coming from UK, and bear in mind the early Carin systems (not the later Carin derived as used in current models) are very old.

If you are looking at replacing your setup, consider NCDR (prefacelift) or NCDC (facelift) systems, which integrate satnav into stereo, and display info on display (GID - mono, pictorial satnav, or CID - colour, map display/intersection zoom), though these might work out more expensive.

Ok Thanks for that, The Carin does have a working Navtec Uk and Ireland (all be it a plastic one). The spec flash's up as Year 99, not sure if thats the Hardware upgrade or the Disc.

The Carin was heading for my Pre face Tractor, seems a shame to waste it if its working and a freeBee.

Whist on the subject NCDC and CID's, I do have 2013 and CID which was heading for my Facelift MV6, But found out thier from a Vectra C (paired). So am I right in thinking that that will fit but without the Computer functions (not sure about the stalks though). I believe you have been playing arround with these Set Ups recently, If I get my hands on a Meggy CID (Paired or Un Paired) how easy is it now to get this working for the MIg with your assistance (ps dont have the Audio Pass for the Vectra as it was scrapped).
« Last Edit: 26 January 2009, 10:56:49 by zirk »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 January 2009, 12:47:35 »

Ok Thanks for that, The Carin does have a working Navtec Uk and Ireland (all be it a plastic one). The spec flash's up as Year 99, not sure if thats the Hardware upgrade or the Disc.

The Carin was heading for my Pre face Tractor, seems a shame to waste it if its working and a freeBee.

Whist on the subject NCDC and CID's, I do have 2013 and CID which was heading for my Facelift MV6, But found out thier from a Vectra C (paired). So am I right in thinking that that will fit but without the Computer functions (not sure about the stalks though). I believe you have been playing arround with these Set Ups recently, If I get my hands on a Meggy CID (Paired or Un Paired) how easy is it now to get this working for the MIg with your assistance (ps dont have the Audio Pass for the Vectra as it was scrapped).
From Vectra-C?  Think there may be something odd about the canbus on that, certainly the display...

The pairing doesn't matter, as long as all paired part remain connected.  if you remove one or have to replace one, you need to do some decoding (Dave DND can do this for you - as far as I know, only 3 people in the world know how to do this - Dave DND, Me, and another OOF Admin), then it needs a bit of jiggery pokery with tech2
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 22 queries.