Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: dashboard light  (Read 1432 times)

squid

• View Profile
dashboard light
« on: 21 March 2010, 18:25:43 »

hi everyone im new to all this as ive only had my 2001 mv6 estate a week and the orange light has come on on the dash it says in the handbook that its a problem with the emissions or engine  electronics or  immobiliser and that i should take it to vauxhall just want to know if this is serious thanks for any help

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: dashboard light
« Reply #1 on: 21 March 2010, 18:31:51 »

hi everyone im new to all this as ive only had my 2001 mv6 estate a week and the orange light has come on on the dash it says in the handbook that its a problem with the emissions or engine  electronics or  immobiliser and that i should take it to vauxhall just want to know if this is serious thanks for any help

have a read of this  :y http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1253462747  :y

PS you need to fill in your details & those of your car. I'm guessing your car is a 2.6 or 3.2  ;)
« Last Edit: 21 March 2010, 18:33:05 by Andy_B »

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 March 2010, 18:37:56 »

Hi Squid, there are two orange warning lights on the Facelift dash. The first shows a car symbol with a spanner through it and this warns of a fault in the cars electronics. The second shows a car engine outline; This is the EML or  Engine Emissions Light, and warns that the car has a fault that effects the  exhaust emissions.  Which one do you have showing? Can you give us a bit more on the way it is running, any loss of power, poor starting/idling etc?  :y
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

squid

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 March 2010, 19:04:22 »

Hi Squid, there are two orange warning lights on the Facelift dash. The first shows a car symbol with a spanner through it and this warns of a fault in the cars electronics. The second shows a car engine outline; This is the EML or  Engine Emissions Light, and warns that the car has a fault that effects the  exhaust emissions.  Which one do you have showing? Can you give us a bit more on the way it is running, any loss of power, poor starting/idling etc?  :y
hi there my car is a 2.6 and it doesnt seem to be running any differant to how its been running ive only had the car a week thanks for any advice sorry forget to say that the light is the one that looks like an engine thanks
« Last Edit: 21 March 2010, 19:06:57 by squid »

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 March 2010, 19:28:28 »

hi there my car is a 2.6 and it doesnt seem to be running any differant to how its been running ive only had the car a week thanks for any advice sorry forget to say that the light is the one that looks like an engine thanks

Hi again  ;D
That's the Emissions light, so you have a fault on the fuel/ignition/exhaust side of things. You need to get the codes read to point you in the direction of the problem. The cars ECU stores fault codes and it needs someone with a code reader to access them (on my car anyway, I only have a 4 pot :(,  yours may be able to be read in another way) The best thing to do is put your location in your Profile & there may be someone in your area with a reader. You don't want to go near a VX Dealer unless absolutely necessary unless you have won the lottery?
Anyhow, if the car is running acceptably, it isn't a 'must fix it right now' fault but if the light begins to flash, you must get it sorted ASAP as this indicates the CATs are in danger of being damaged.
Let us know how you get on re: getting the codes read?  :y
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 March 2010, 20:00:58 »

Pedal trick should work with the 2.6.

Have a read of the guide Paperclip Test and Pedal Trick
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

jay69

• sheffield
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 March 2010, 21:25:44 »

Pedal trick should work with the 2.6.

Have a read of the guide Paperclip Test and Pedal Trick
works with mine  :y
51 plate omega elite 2.6 v6
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 18 queries.