Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto Electrician Basildon / Romford Essex Area?  (Read 988 times)

bazzer

Auto Electrician Basildon / Romford Essex Area?
« on: 03 July 2010, 11:58:23 »

Is there a member, or can anyone recommend an Auto Electrician in Basildon / Romford ( Essex ) area who can do a diagnostic check on my 1996 2.5 v6?

Cheers! Bazzer :-)

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
Re: Auto Electrician Basildon / Romford Essex Area?
« Reply #1 on: 03 July 2010, 12:07:49 »

What`s the problem :question
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

bazzer

« Reply #2 on: 03 July 2010, 17:00:36 »

Good question RobG! The dash display is showing various warnings all of a sudden for no reason...Brake pads, oil level to name two. Also, still having problem with alarm. I replaced power sounder with brand new unit because it was activating for no reason. That didn't solve the problem so eventually disconnected that. Also occasionally when turning on ignition, I get a 'pulsating' noise through the speakers. I'm sure there is a connection between all of this. I thought that a diagnostics would show the problem. I'd be grateful for any help. Cheers :-)

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #3 on: 03 July 2010, 17:29:51 »

Is the battery fully charged / in good condition?

Don`t assume just because its on the car, that its OK

:-?
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

bazzer

« Reply #4 on: 03 July 2010, 17:46:06 »

Hi Dave, thanks for your input! Well, the battery is less than a year old and is showing green on the indicator. Casing is good as are the terminals. It has plenty of juice in it and although I've not had it checked, I'd be surprised if it is faulty. Maybe it is something that should be checked to eliminate and I'm guessing that any reputable auto electrician would do that as matter of course? 

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 July 2010, 18:13:17 »

Good question RobG! The dash display is showing various warnings all of a sudden for no reason...Brake pads, oil level to name two. Also, still having problem with alarm. I replaced power sounder with brand new unit because it was activating for no reason. That didn't solve the problem so eventually disconnected that. Also occasionally when turning on ignition, I get a 'pulsating' noise through the speakers. I'm sure there is a connection between all of this. I thought that a diagnostics would show the problem. I'd be grateful for any help. Cheers :-)
Oil check light will come on when level is between "min" & "max"
brake pad alert........have you checked sensors are intact :question Powersounder.......did you unplug bonnet switch to see if that was the problem, :question speakers......no idea :-/
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #6 on: 03 July 2010, 18:40:22 »

I`ve seen speaker problems before on other vehicles with very similar symptoms, giving a constant and steady "pulse"

Usually low charge on battery, or battery earth to body failure somewhere. I seem to recall that there is a big earth point under the battery? or near to it if not - worth checking / cleaning / undoing and refitting.

Not sure about other sypmtoms, but certainly plausable that they could be affected, would ceratinly cause a powersounder to trigger.

Don`t trust the led on the battery, and if it were me, I would still give it an overnight charge just to rule it out.
« Last Edit: 03 July 2010, 18:41:57 by Dave_DND »
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

bazzer

« Reply #7 on: 04 July 2010, 15:58:13 »

Thanks RobG and Dave DND...
Thanks Rob, the oil level is fine, but getting 'check oil' on display, the same day the 'brake pad' popped up as well. I went to change the pads, only to find that they have plenty of meat on them...but the sensor wire has been cut and crimped at some point in its life. So why that display should come on for no reason is strange. The under bonnet switch has been disconnected ever since I've had the car! (I did reconnect, but found I had to disconnect it because of the known problem)
Dave, thanks as well. I'll certainly check out the earth lead, but don't have any other electrical problems, just the display and the pulse sound. I use the car every day, all day and have never noticed any charging problems. Modern car electrics I'm not happy working on, that's why I was asking if there is anyone local that could check it all out for me.
Is there any 'reset' for the display or the ecu that is not published I could try?. It is only through this forum, I found out about the resets for window, sunroof and aircon!
Cheers everybody, hope you're all enjoying the sun while it lasts!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.