Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: tow bar wiring brake light problem  (Read 958 times)

markspark

• Bolton
    • View Profile
tow bar wiring brake light problem
« on: 23 July 2011, 19:44:25 »

Hi all im trying to get my brake lights working on my tow bar electrics they are wired into the gm harness plug in the back of the car all works apart from the brake lights i have read on the forum about putting a link in somewhere something about brake light fail but i cant find outh where to put the link can you help me with this please
TIA   :y :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: tow bar wiring brake light problem
« Reply #1 on: 23 July 2011, 21:24:30 »

Hi all im trying to get my brake lights working on my tow bar electrics they are wired into the gm harness plug in the back of the car all works apart from the brake lights i have read on the forum about putting a link in somewhere something about brake light fail but i cant find outh where to put the link can you help me with this please
TIA   :y :y

The socket you've found used is intended to be used with a 'trailer check control relay' which extends the brake light check to your trailer/caravan. (http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1175364013/0) The relay base you need lives up front behind your glove box and 2 of the 4 wires to/from it will be yellow/black, it's these two you need to bridge or buy the relay for around £20. Or you can just connect your towbar electrics to the light cluster.  :y

markspark

• Bolton
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 July 2011, 21:36:19 »

thanks for the reply :y i will give that ago
just another quick one for you is there an indicator tell tail on the dash for when your left and right indicators are on i know some cars have a bleeper in the rear of the car to let you know they are working

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 July 2011, 21:43:23 »

thanks for the reply :y i will give that ago
just another quick one for you is there an indicator tell tail on the dash for when your left and right indicators are on i know some cars have a bleeper in the rear of the car to let you know they are working

Replace the 3 pin flasher relay with a 4 pin flasher & put a tell tale lamp in the dash page 26

markspark

• Bolton
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 July 2011, 21:53:52 »

thanks your a star  :y :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.