Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Rear blind not working  (Read 2217 times)

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
Re: Rear blind not working
« Reply #15 on: 23 August 2011, 22:20:31 »

Memo to Self:

Operate blind.......operate blind.....check Twiglets guide to blind removal...... What have I forgotten?

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23 August 2011, 22:37:29 »

mine's up most of the time  ::) ::)

feeutfo

« Reply #17 on: 23 August 2011, 23:46:54 »

I found out that there is a coiled spring in there to assist in moving the arms and once the cover was off I released the tension on this spring with no chance of re-winding the thing back to what it should be.
Ah, gayboy and I know a story about that. It makes a 20min job into a four hour job ;D
Indeed, and very grateful I am for your bits and help. Having had the spring ping loose, we did sus how to fit the new one... Isn't there a screw stop in the back edge to allow the spring to be wound round... Or something like...?

Also, it may be worth checking with the dealer how much the blind without parcel shelf is. My parts man quoted £65 plus. Which I thought sounded too cheap, maybe I miss heard and it was 165? Or not the complete unit, just the fabric maybe... Bit might be worth a phone call to the parts dept. with interior colour info...?

feeutfo

« Reply #18 on: 23 August 2011, 23:51:05 »

I found out that there is a coiled spring in there to assist in moving the arms and once the cover was off I released the tension on this spring with no chance of re-winding the thing back to what it should be.
Ah, gayboy and I know a story about that. It makes a 20min job into a four hour job ;D
Indeed, and very grateful I am for your bits and help. Having had the spring ping loose, we did sus how to fit the new one... Isn't there a screw stop in the back edge to allow the spring to be wound round... Or something like...?

Also, it may be worth checking with the dealer how much the blind without parcel shelf is. My parts man quoted £65 plus. Which I thought sounded too cheap, maybe I miss heard and it was 165? Or not the complete unit, just the fabric maybe... Bit might be worth a phone call to the parts dept. with interior colour info...?
Although who is this gayboy of which you speak...?

djac

• Intermediate Member
  • West Sussex
    • 2001/Y Omega 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 24 August 2011, 15:09:24 »

Got an elite with a rear blind that doesn't want to play ball...

A click can be heard when the button is pressed, but that's it. No movement from the blind whatsoever.  :-/

Can these be fixed, or is it a non-starter?  :-?

Had the same thing on mine. Have you tried it with the engine running and revving to about 3000rpm? You may need to press the button several times, waiting a few seconds between each try.

Got the blind on mine to work by doing that, then got some lube into the runner grooves while it was up.

I make sure I operate the blind once or twice a week now, just to keep it going  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 24 August 2011, 18:23:37 »

Got an elite with a rear blind that doesn't want to play ball...

A click can be heard when the button is pressed, but that's it. No movement from the blind whatsoever.  :-/

Can these be fixed, or is it a non-starter?  :-?

Had the same thing on mine. Have you tried it with the engine running and revving to about 3000rpm? You may need to press the button several times, waiting a few seconds between each try.

Got the blind on mine to work by doing that, then got some lube into the runner grooves while it was up.

I make sure I operate the blind once or twice a week now, just to keep it going  :y
Worried about your battery and alternator - should have a good 13.5v at idle, and 14v by 1500 rpm....
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.