Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leak in drivers footwell (think I the prob)  (Read 890 times)

Shelby

• Intermediate Member
  • Sleaford, Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
Leak in drivers footwell (think I the prob)
« on: 12 October 2011, 07:46:46 »

Morning all,

I suspect I know the answer but thought I would ask for confirmation and to see if there is anything else I should also check.

On the way to work this morning, taking my normally leisurely drive along the same old route.  Tight left turn at a junction adn got a leak of water onto my right foot as I went to put the gas back on.  It is wet, drizzly and horrible this morning (I guess autumn / winter is coming at last) and as such I would suspect that the likely cause would be a blocked scuttle drain (is that what they are called?) on the drivers side?

So, would you guys agree and also is there anything else worth taking a look at while I check it this weekend?  Lets hope is not pee'ing down as I don't have anywhere under cover to work on it.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Leak in drivers footwell (think I the prob)
« Reply #1 on: 12 October 2011, 08:14:52 »

Scuttle drain or Heater Matrix... Have you lost any coolant? And does the water feel a bit sticky?
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Shelby

• Intermediate Member
  • Sleaford, Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 October 2011, 12:13:26 »

Ill have a look at the coolant and check.  I did have to top it up at the start of the week (hadn't had a wet foot incident at that point) and the car had been standing for about 2-3 weeks.

It was only a short squirt of water onto my foot and didnt get much of a chance to feel it as I was driving at the time haha but will make an effort to have a feel of it if it happens again.

Thanks for the info.

duggs

• Omega Knight
  • Felixstowe
    • BMW 3.0 Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 October 2011, 15:05:17 »

Hmmmmm !  Unlikely to be drain on the drivers side unless it's blocked and well backed up...That's normally a passenger side problem. You'd need to investigate ASAP as it's the side that pipes run in and out of the matrix. The HBV is the other side there also.

Shelby

• Intermediate Member
  • Sleaford, Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 October 2011, 07:51:46 »

Had a coolant level warning when I left work yesterday, was going to check it after I got home and it cooled but ended up running around all evening after my son who had a information evening about potential A Level choices!

No warning this morning, no more wet foot incidents, but will investigate in more detail this weekend.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 22 queries.