Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The neverending story  (Read 844 times)

Sehen

• Norway, up north...
    • Omega???
    • View Profile
The neverending story
« on: 25 November 2011, 19:32:26 »

Have had some problems with my Omega, getting it running prpperly at idle. As you may have read.
Have changed the DIS pack, helped alot, changed the Cranksensor to a genuine one, did not help. I did suspect the temp sensor to have a little something to do with it, and yes, it gave up one day, and couldn't get it started when warm. changed the sensor, and almost all the problems where solved.
Then i checked the MAF, and found that there was some oil on it, almost nothing, but there where some drops. Cleaned out with elecronic cleaner, and it was almost there. Running fine, and shaking nearly not noteaceble :)
Found a cheap new one in sweden, in the same town as my brother lives. Ordered one to pick up when i got there. So far so good :)
Driving trough north of sweden, near Arjeplog, where the carmanufacturers have their test sites, i was driving around 70mph, when a group of VW's came out of a side road. I did pass them, and one guy in a Passat tried to follow me, so i flored it in third, fourth and fifth gear...at 120mph they gave up, or didn't have anymore to give  ;D ;D ;D
But afterwards, the car was a little wierd when accellerating. In Lulea, at my brother's home i found out that the solenoid on the back of the plenum have given up.
Nothing dangerous, i thought, so I got my new MAF the next day. Noticing that it was not a Bosch unit, as I thought when ordering. But it was new, so what could happen ::)

Some days after the wedding, off I went to mount the new MAF, and at the same time realy clean out all the oil residues from the ram air system. As it was only +2 outside, I cleaned the whole sytem, inside out with degreaser and rinsed out with warm water. When I had the parts inside for a few hours, I suddenly noticed i have forgotten to blend the hole to the front ram air solenoid when I washed it. Tried to get the water out, and it seemed to be fine.
Assembeled it all again with new MAF, and all the shaking dissapeard. Now it's all good i thought  :-\

But no, there was still issues. The front solenoid switch had frosen to pieces during the -8 in the night(water in valve) Leaving the front valve active at all time :'( And the car hessitated when pressing the accellerator. What now i thought to my self. Is the only solution TNT in the right ammount????

Checking with my diagnose apparatus, i found that the MAF was reading 18Kg/min, when it should read 11 at idle. So it was shorly broken, or badly adjusted in China.
Did manage to find one new Bosch unit in Bergen at a fair price, and the money from the Chinacopy is refunded to me now.

So RobG had 3 solenoids available, and better safe then sorry, I bought them all of him. Thanks RobG :y :y

So maybe, only maybe at the end of next week I will have all the right parts here, and this story will have a happy ending...............hopefully ::) ::)
98 Omega 2,5V6 Man. Homemade from a 2,0Auto

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: The neverending story
« Reply #1 on: 25 November 2011, 23:10:21 »

... and this story will have a happy ending...............hopefully ::) ::)

Let's hope so.  :y :y

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 November 2011, 08:21:41 »

Yes, hope you get to the bottom of the problem. :y

Johnny English

• Omega Baron
  • Hungary
  • English antitalent
    • 1995. 2.5 V6 LPG manual
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 November 2011, 17:06:58 »

Don't worry mate, it'll be gone!  :y
C20NE - X25XE
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.