Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: There's something about the way these look..  (Read 1360 times)

aaronjb

Re: There's something about the way these look..
« Reply #15 on: 01 December 2011, 09:15:59 »

Don't get me wrong, I'm not particularly criticising the police for using these (Orwellian though they may look) - it's more the fact that they seem to be necessary (and based on previous 'demonstrations', I doubt the Police's fear is unfounded).

Maybe normality will return in a few years.. or maybe I'm just looking back on history with the rose tinted glasses on and it's always been this way.

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
Re: There's something about the way these look..
« Reply #16 on: 01 December 2011, 13:46:53 »

Don't get me wrong, I'm not particularly criticising the police for using these (Orwellian though they may look) - it's more the fact that they seem to be necessary (and based on previous 'demonstrations', I doubt the Police's fear is unfounded).

Maybe normality will return in a few years.. or maybe I'm just looking back on history with the rose tinted glasses on and it's always been this way.

I think you're right to be concerned Aa because if we lose the ability and desire to police by consent to the less attractive and highly problematic adversarial enforcement of the law - or more worryingly - government decree then we will not, as the old saying goes, have our sorrows to seek.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 22 queries.