Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: matrix  (Read 530 times)

Tom Byrne

• Irlam ,Manchester
    • Omega 2.2 DTI
    • View Profile
matrix
« on: 29 January 2012, 15:18:02 »

Hi everyone,you may recall I had a problem with the matrix, I attacked the issue a couple of weeks ago and decided to cut the panneling away, 6 hours later ! I removed and fitted the new one, (never again I hope), only to find that I still had the same problem ie cab steaming up to the extent that I coud'nt see at all, I checked for leaks where the pipes go into the matrix, bone dry.
The carpet was wet on the passenger side which baffled me because the pipes were on the other side, through a process of illimination I checked under the bonnet where the pollen filter is(on the extreme right hand side near the bonnet hinge) this is where the water runs off the windscreen and drains off through a rubber bung at the bottom of a reservoir, and guess what, my hole was all bunged up !!! it must of been overflowing back into the car. I have only just done it today but i'm pretty sure that was the problem all along, I will keep you posted, don't forget, before you do anything with the matrix (if it is'nt a heating problem) check that your hole is'nt bunged up. TOM

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
Re: matrix
« Reply #1 on: 29 January 2012, 15:48:01 »

Glad you fixed it Tom,next time you have a problem take a look at the maintenance guides on here just in case there is an easy fix :y

for the scuttle drain     http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90535.0
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.