Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Whoever thought...  (Read 2559 times)

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
Re: Whoever thought...
« Reply #15 on: 30 January 2012, 16:05:16 »

You know what, I was going to post that exact picture, if i could have found it again, in one of the guides as to why firmer suspension is required if you like to crack on. Especially in relation to the angle of the inside wheels in realtion to the road. The inside edge is being scrubbed all the way round that corner.
 Elite suspension has its place for comfort, but if your average corner speed is high enough to roll the chassis it WILL induce "clown car" handling as the tyre profile rounds off. A flat square profile is needed to keep a car straight IME.

(now add in Falken tyres which are devoid of any straight line stability from new, and we start to see how very badly an Elite omega can handle)

So yes that's not the best pic to advertise your car with, it may "look" fast, but only because of the angle of the chassis. Pmsl ;D

Well done D. Good spot. :y

Don't get me started on Falken tyres!  Suspension becomes irrelevant with them on the car! :(

Oh and our cars are permanently at that angle with Jimbob in the passenger seat!  ::) ::)

I think that merits a ban  ::) ;D ;D

Good idea...Banned until she makes it up to me :¬)

Crushed! ::)

Ban over....yay! ;D

I wont ask what you did to get free  :-X

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 30 January 2012, 16:36:18 »

You know what, I was going to post that exact picture, if i could have found it again, in one of the guides as to why firmer suspension is required if you like to crack on. Especially in relation to the angle of the inside wheels in realtion to the road. The inside edge is being scrubbed all the way round that corner.
 Elite suspension has its place for comfort, but if your average corner speed is high enough to roll the chassis it WILL induce "clown car" handling as the tyre profile rounds off. A flat square profile is needed to keep a car straight IME.

(now add in Falken tyres which are devoid of any straight line stability from new, and we start to see how very badly an Elite omega can handle)

So yes that's not the best pic to advertise your car with, it may "look" fast, but only because of the angle of the chassis. Pmsl ;D

Don't get me started on Falken tyres!  Suspension becomes irrelevant with them on the car! :(

Oh and our cars are permanently at that angle with Jimbob in the passenger seat!  ::) ::)

Ah yes, I forgot Big Blue had Falken FK452's fitted when you bought it. I would never have had them fitted by choice but when the fronts needed replacing, my mate offered them to me at £35 each fitted and being a tad skint at the time had to swallow a bit of pride. :-[
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!

ninjapirate

• dummer. hants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 30 January 2012, 16:59:10 »

I think my previous omega had bilsteins on, that handled really nicely for a large car, my 2.2 is getting a little bouncy lol and leans a nice bit, but even pushing hard through bends it stays pretty sure footed.

LJay

• Omega Baron
  • North Wales
  • The Acrobatics Queen!
    • 3.2 - MV6 Big Blue!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 30 January 2012, 17:05:32 »

Ah yes, I forgot Big Blue had Falken FK452's fitted when you bought it. I would never have had them fitted by choice but when the fronts needed replacing, my mate offered them to me at £35 each fitted and being a tad skint at the time had to swallow a bit of pride. :-[

They may suit a more reserved driving style but not mine.  ::) As needs must when the devil drives, they'll be staying till they are worn out.  We've all been there Bob, wasn't a dig at all. :y

Cue the comments.....they are perfectly fine if you drive on them appropriately.... :P :P ;D
Been there, fallen over it!

LJay

• Omega Baron
  • North Wales
  • The Acrobatics Queen!
    • 3.2 - MV6 Big Blue!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 30 January 2012, 17:06:58 »

I think that merits a ban  ::) ;D ;D

Good idea...Banned until she makes it up to me :¬)

Crushed! ::)

Ban over....yay! ;D

I wont ask what you did to get free  :-X

Well, now wouldn't that be a tale!! ;) ;) ;D

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 30 January 2012, 17:09:44 »

No complaints with Falkens on the 2.2, 452's on front 917's on the front. Slightly disappointing wear rate of just 30k miles, but other than that, faultless. Father T's got them as well, all good there.

That is on 16" alloys though, not 17"'s always wondered of the size made a difference  :-\

I did find their limits though, fine for the 2.2, but I would not consider them for the 3.2  :)

LJay

• Omega Baron
  • North Wales
  • The Acrobatics Queen!
    • 3.2 - MV6 Big Blue!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 30 January 2012, 17:48:10 »

No complaints with Falkens on the 2.2, 452's on front 917's on the front. Slightly disappointing wear rate of just 30k miles, but other than that, faultless. Father T's got them as well, all good there.

That is on 16" alloys though, not 17"'s always wondered of the size made a difference  :-\

I did find their limits though, fine for the 2.2, but I would not consider them for the 3.2 :)

And there in lies my issue!  Can't remember what's on the back but I'm on very good terms with my traction control.  I also suspect it's a result of going from manual to auto and the resulting heavy footedness as no clutch consideration! ::) ::)

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 31 January 2012, 10:51:26 »

They may suit a more reserved driving style but not mine.  ::) As needs must when the devil drives, they'll be staying till they are worn out.  We've all been there Bob, wasn't a dig at all. :y

Cue the comments.....they are perfectly fine if you drive on them appropriately.... :P :P ;D

Far from it Laura......I actually found them better with a "spirited" drive than plodding around gently! Driving reservedly gave them more good cause to tramline IMO. ;)
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.