Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thanks to Martian  (Read 854 times)

F1 9LFG

• Intermediate Member
  • nr Braintree, Essex
    • View Profile
Thanks to Martian
« on: 11 March 2012, 22:06:47 »

As a few members may know Martian built 3 PC's for me last month - I want to say a big thank you and would like to highly recommend him for anyones PC needs.

I entrusted him with my hard earned cash and he didn't let me down in the slightest. He was open, honest and didn't set out to rip me off.

I was shocked to discover how good-a PC could be built for such a small amount (compared to the prices in highstreet shops)

So should anyone be looking to upgrade or get themselves a new PC, please bare him in mind... ;)

Cheers Martian again.

Regards

Rob

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks to Martian
« Reply #1 on: 12 March 2012, 16:50:37 »

Good job there then, Martian :y

Unless I have an extreme bout of laziness, I doubt I'll call on your PC building skills - advice maybe - as I should be more than capable ::).  That said, my current PC is Dell - an extreme case of laziness, it was on offer, and matched the spec I was after (except RAM). Was about £200 less than I could build it for at the time, and I got further monies back due to cashback offers, and a Dell cock-up. Its old (Dimension 9200 Core2 Quad), but silent running (BTX case), and still more than meets my needs...
Grumpy old man

Martian

« Reply #2 on: 13 March 2012, 09:05:24 »

Cheers Martian again.
Glad to have been able to help you & your friends out Rob.
As I said on the phone, if you are after any type of software then feel free to call as it's odds on I'll know where to find it at the right price  ;)

Unless I have an extreme bout of laziness, I doubt I'll call on your PC building skills - advice maybe - as I should be more than capable ::).  That said, my current PC is Dell - an extreme case of laziness, it was on offer, and matched the spec I was after (except RAM). Was about £200 less than I could build it for at the time, and I got further monies back due to cashback offers, and a Dell cock-up. Its old (Dimension 9200 Core2 Quad), but silent running (BTX case), and still more than meets my needs...
I would be incredibly surprised if you needed any advice from me where PC's are concerned J, but always happy to help if you are stuck on any particular subject where I do have some knowledge.

There's nothing wrong with Dell systems per se in my book, although they do take the pi$$ on replacement parts prices IMO (parts which you have no choice but to buy because they use non standard fixings).

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 March 2012, 10:58:09 »

There's nothing wrong with Dell systems per se in my book, although they do take the pi$$ on replacement parts prices IMO (parts which you have no choice but to buy because they use non standard fixings).
I like Dell desktops (and HP desktops/lappys/servers), but if you have to stray from the spec on offer, the price becomes unacceptable.  I tend to only self build now if I/client needs something very specific - only self build in my house currently is the MCE, due to case requirements (sits in an Artisan LX case) and noise (ie, silent).

The old Dimension is well past its sell-by date, so if systemboard (standard BTX, but you try getting BTX now) or PSU (again, std BTX I think) fail, it'll be binned.

Bought a load of Vostro 460s for bro's business, to use as tills and general office PCs, pretty impressed with them, and would recommend for general (non gaming) use.
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.