Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Silverstone Traffic  (Read 1668 times)

DaveA

• Intermediate Member
  • Leicestershire
    • Insignia CDTI SE 160
    • View Profile
Silverstone Traffic
« on: 04 August 2012, 09:38:13 »

Hi
     I have to travel down to Chieveley Services on the M4, tomorrow Sun 5 Aug, (pick up Grandaughter) and I see the super bike racing is on. My best route from Leicester is via the A43, have had a look at AA road watch who say there are slight delays today,  can any forum members that live near by tell me if it is likely to be worst tomorrow? will change route if needs be, Thanks.   
Regards
    Dave

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Silverstone Traffic
« Reply #1 on: 04 August 2012, 10:35:28 »

Doesn't look like they are making it one-way, so if you time it OK, you should be fine. Expect the M40/A43 junction to be a shit, though.  I think it was recently declared the country's worse interchange, and is only 10yrs old.  The 'tard who designed it should be shot, then hung out for everyone to see.
Grumpy old man

DaveA

• Intermediate Member
  • Leicestershire
    • Insignia CDTI SE 160
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 August 2012, 14:42:56 »

Thanks TB  Should be passing through Junction about 11.30 - 12.30, hope they will all be watching the racing :y
Regards
    Dave

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 August 2012, 14:59:47 »

to miss it out go
  m69--m42---m40---A43
Hoof'land storeman.

tidla

• Omega Baron
  • solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 August 2012, 23:45:42 »

Doesn't look like they are making it one-way, so if you time it OK, you should be fine. Expect the M40/A43 junction to be a shit, though.  I think it was recently declared the country's worse interchange, and is only 10yrs old.  The 'tard who designed it should be shot, then hung out for everyone to see.

http://www.cbrd.co.uk/badjunctions/junction.php?id=30

Its mad.

Local roadworks in my area have got me thinking.. are they really going to be an improvement?

Of course it will you say, they are experienced , been to college, and know better....

The money spent on these projects you would think someone would have a glance at the plans before the diggers get stuck in?

DaveA

• Intermediate Member
  • Leicestershire
    • Insignia CDTI SE 160
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 August 2012, 11:12:53 »

Sailed through, some junction that, very tight on approach to slip road. reached Chieveley in just a few minutes over two hours, had to slow down for some very heavy showers, Followed a dark red Omega on 52 plate (had same first two reg numbers as mine) turned off A43 well before junction anyone on here? 
Regards
    Dave

aaronjb

« Reply #6 on: 06 August 2012, 11:15:21 »

I'd been wondering what the overhead signs had been warning of delays for; now I know - the superbikes were in town :)

Didn't see anything like increased traffic when I trundled up and back down again on Sunday, though!

DaveA

• Intermediate Member
  • Leicestershire
    • Insignia CDTI SE 160
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06 August 2012, 11:20:40 »

I'd been wondering what the overhead signs had been warning of delays for; now I know - the superbikes were in town :)

Didn't see anything like increased traffic when I trundled up and back down again on Sunday, though!

Do you have a dark red motor, followed one, kept well back heavy shower at the time.
Regards
    Dave

aaronjb

« Reply #8 on: 06 August 2012, 11:28:48 »

Fraid not - I was in a bright blue M3 on this occasion :) Although I did drive through pouring rain on the way back, about 8.30pm I think.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.