Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
MP3
« on: 24 November 2012, 07:47:49 »

Picked up a nice collection of CD music last night, was tempted in a few tittles that were advertised on a forum last night, took a gamble and made an offer on the whole lot, ended up buying all 45 of them and the bonus is that I like every album that I bought.  Some were still wrapped and never even been played, some were double albums and all are originals and well looked after.  Bonus is there were no Rick astly CDs in the collection.   :y

Now I am after the best way to rip/store them on to my computer keeping the song tittle and artist so that is displays whilst being played.

T.I.A.   :y
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Martian

Re: MP3
« Reply #1 on: 24 November 2012, 08:09:16 »

Simplest way is to use WMP to rip them, but you will lose quality even if you rip them at 320 kbits.
The equipment you play it back on (along with your ears) will dictate whether you actually notice that drop in quality though.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 November 2012, 08:52:23 »

Simplest way is to use WMP to rip them, but you will lose quality even if you rip them at 320 kbits.
The equipment you play it back on (along with your ears) will dictate whether you actually notice that drop in quality though.

Agreed, probably showing my age now, but having spent the early parts of my Career in the Sound Industry when everyone was trying to achieve the magic 20hz to 20khz with +/- 1db specification and then we finally get there with PCM Recordings and CD production, we are now faced with trying to move everything backwards again  >:( >:(

Hate to think what people will be listening too, or probably trying to watch and listen 50 years from now.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 November 2012, 09:43:29 »

I would download a copy of something like EAC (Exact Audio Copy) and use that to rip them to FLAC. This maintains the quality of the original CD and EAC is pretty good at tagging the files with information, which it'll automatically retrieve along with album artwork. It will also check an online database to ensure the rip was error free.

Once you're storing them in FLAC format, any decent media player will be able to play them on the PC, and you can always transcode the FLAC files to MP3 for use in a portable player.

IMHO, if you're going to go to the trouble of ripping them, there's no point in storing them in a lossy format these days.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.