Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FS: 2002, 3.2 Retail MV6 Auto with LPG  (Read 2993 times)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
FS: 2002, 3.2 Retail MV6 Auto with LPG
« on: 21 November 2012, 19:31:52 »

2002, 3.2 V6 Automatic in star silver
146,000 miles
Full MOT - 6 months Tax
Black recaro style leather
Silver trim

LPG conversion fitted by myself with some input from other forum members. 90 litre tank giving excellent range (350 miles). Recent new magic jet injectors. The LPG conversion was playing up a little while back, giving an error in injector number 4 and flicking back to petrol. I've now resolved this by re-wiring the loom entirely for No4 right back to the ECU pins.

Runs on gas as well as petrol, right up to red line. No lag / gearchange issues. Has the "daddy" KME GOLD vaporisor so can easily keep up with the power demands of the 3.2.

Cambelt kit, water pump, aux belt and aux belt wheel all changed by me at 124,141 miles. So only half way through it's life. All genuine parts from Andyc.
New crank sensor at 135,000 miles. Again genuine GM.

Some time ago the auto box failed. So I converted this car to a manual. I didn't enjoy it as a manual at all, so I have converted it back to Auto. You'd never know it was once a manual. When I fitted the most recent auto box, it was one with the sonnax metal thrust washer so no worries there. Obviously I replaced all the ATF too, this was within the last 4,000 miles.

I've driven this car to Amsterdam, Scotland, Cornwall, Wales... apart from when it chewed up it's auto box she's never let me down.

The radiator was replaced at 138,000 miles due to a leak. A brand new item was fitted. (Non genuine, but still fine). New thermostat was also fitted at this time.

I have done 22,000 miles in the car. It's had an oil and filter change every 3,000 miles using genuine GM oil. The plugs were changed 11k ago.

No advisories on the MOT apart from "plastic sill trims fitted" which is just silly.

Both bumpers resprayed (and I think rear one replaced) after a very low speed shunt at a junction. All done at third party insurers expense.

Car was WIM'd at 132,000. with 4 x new tyres fitted. Fronts have loads of life, rears are easily legal and were not advised on the MOT a week or two ago.

Bad / Indifferent  points:

1) Exhaust rattles a little, usually only on initial start up. It's a gen GM exhaust, not blowing. Either it's just kissing the underside, or has a loose baffle, I've not looked into it. Been doing this around 3 weeks - since the MOT station replaced an exhaust rubber...

2) Uses around a cupful of oil every 1500 miles. Always has, I think it's allowed to.

3) This car has.... Metal cam covers  :-[ however the breathers are kept impeccibly clear and always have been. No noticible leaks or oil smells.

4) The LPG has not been certified. My insurance company aren't worried about this, they are not interested in LPGA, but whether it was fitted by a "competent person". Whoever one of those may be! It's a totally safe install. However to get a certificate, the 6 vapour hoses between the injectors and inlet manifold need replacing for a different grade. I can't imagine it would have any problems getting certified, but I'm obviously a keen DIY'er with some common sense, and not a "pro" so I can't guarantee this. I will hold up my hands to one thing, the ECU is in the scuttle, and while it's more than happy in there, it's not considered the most ideal place.

5) Few small marks here and there, nothing at all serious. A little rust on the wheelarch side of the front NS wing. you don't really see it unless you look.

6) When giving it some welly in third, the gearchange into 4th is more "noticible" than I'd like it to be. Smooth as silk unless you're really making progress. Always been like it, I've learnt to drive so that it never happens. 

7) The car is still a flying machine, however the front multiram actuator is physically damaged.

Lots of pics at: http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=45486.0  - They are a little old but she doesn't really look much different..

Price for the car is £1000. Tax at cost, if you want it.

sticka_v8_init

• Reading
    • 2.5 V6 Tourer
    • View Profile
Re: FS: 2002, 3.2 Retail MV6 Auto with LPG
« Reply #1 on: 21 November 2012, 20:09:19 »

First dibs please sir  :y :y :y
Those are my principles, if you don't like them I have others.

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 November 2012, 20:18:54 »

I've replied to your PM... :)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 December 2012, 22:19:43 »

Hi Guys,

Unfortunately due to delays with my new car arriving, and Mr V8 needing wheels soonest, this is still available.

For a quick sale, I'd be happy to call it £1k with the 5 months tax included.

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 December 2012, 18:55:46 »

Probably not James, but would you be at all interested in a deal with a e39 535i and cash your way?
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 December 2012, 09:40:40 »

Probably not James, but would you be at all interested in a deal with a e39 535i and cash your way?

She's on eBay at the moment, but I don't think she'll meet the reserve. If not, then potentially yep I'd be quite interested if the BM is in good nick, and the deal was sensible :y

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 December 2012, 19:12:33 »

She's on eBay at the moment, but I don't think she'll meet the reserve. If not, then potentially yep I'd be quite interested if the BM is in good nick, and the deal was sensible :y

It's in exceptional condition for age.

I'm just keen to get back into an Omega, and lets be fair, yours will be the one to get into!

The e39 is technically worth more money (if you look at current sales figures), even though it is slightly older, but my hankering for an Omega, and the fact you are local floats my boat.... Especially considering I know you are an Enthusiast.

If you are 'kind of interested' it might be worth a phone call?  If so, I'll happily PM you my number.

Regards

Ross
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.