Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Both an exciting and sad day !  (Read 2064 times)

duggs

• Omega Knight
  • Felixstowe
    • BMW 3.0 Sport
    • View Profile
Both an exciting and sad day !
« on: 30 November 2012, 17:47:15 »

Well my fellow Omega fanatics, the day has finally come for me to desert and move to the other side !

After 3 years of ownership I've decided, rightly or wrongly, that it's time for a change and am picking up a BMW 3.0 Sport in the morning. (Saturday 1st Dec)

As a result I have for sale my X Reg F/L 3.0 Elite Automatic in Metalllic Black standing at 117,400 miles :

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=45520.0

The creature in the last picture is NOT part of the deal !

Firstly all the good things:  (Several Receipts Available.)

She has had a recent complete Cambelt and Water Pump change, courtesy of of Daz. (6,000 miles ago) so has at least 34,000 miles to go before the next one.

She has 11 months MOT left AND 5 months TAX.  Interior has no rips or too obvious wear.

Rear shocks were changed about a year ago but for standard ones. The air lines are still there if air shocks are required back again.

New pads and disks on rear in Oct 2011 (Done 16,000 miles since)

New pads on front Oct 29th this year.

Oil changed at 3,000 miles without fail as long as I've had her. ( 3 years).  And heck does it show !  The engine runs beautifully without any knocks.

NO Oil leaks after complete gasket/seals renewed for VX ones April 10.

Windscreen COMPLETELY clear, replaced in March 2011

Dis Pack, HT leads and all plugs chnaged about two years ago.

New pads on rear again this October.

The front wishbones were changed for Lemforders about 3 months ago.

Tyres are all good, especially the fronts that look just about new.

Rear parking sensors with both a audio and visual warning. A little screen sits under the radio in a little cubby hole with green and red lights telling you the distance before you hit anything...unless some pillock walks behind you as you reverse, whereupon the audio alarm goes mental.

At the asking price, TWO sets of alloy wheels will go with her, the Vectra C ones shown in the pictures and the original Elite alloys, currently taking up space in the garage.
If need be I'll swap the tyres over and sell the Vectra wheels separately BUT I think they look good on the car so am prepared to leave em !

The stereo will stay (Sony Xplod) which has also got USB/phono connectivity. Speaking of which. The front speakers have been upgraded to Pioneer's and at the rear I've rewired some
"sit on speakers". I've still got the original Omega grills though if someone wanted to do a proper job.

The rear blind works fine although as you'll notice I've "filmed" the back windows, which can be removed of course if the buyer doesn't like it.

I haven't listed the obvious "Omega Elite" bits and bobs but please don't hesitate to contact me if anything needs clarification.

Now a few negatives:

All the electrics work BUT the MID screen is starting to play up with pixels going walk about. Fortunately though, the computer data is fine, tis just the lower, date and time that's a gonna.

The air con does work, well it would if there was any gas in it BUT in our weather I just don't bother using it, its run out over these past 3 years and I just don't see the point in having it regassed.

The body work is good with the usual car park "dings ..Grrr ! and NO visable rust.   BUT in all honesty there are some scratch marks on the passenger side which I inherited from the previous owner. I've been waiting for someone to bang in to me so that I can claim on anothers insurance. Unfortunately because of my safe driving style,  3 years on, I'm still waiting !

I got an advisory on a slight blow on the exhaust but the garage went under and cured it before the pass.

Well !  I think thats about it, IF I remember anything else I'll update this post accordingly....

Opps !   Oh yes..a price.       Please forgive me if it's considered unreasonable but given the way she runs, the 11 months MOT, 5 months TAX
and the 2 sets of allow wheels, I'm politely asking for as new to £ 1000.00 as possibly to help towards my now bulging credit card bill.

I don't think I'm being overly greedy but hey..."tis only worth what someone's willing to pay".  I have her insured 3rd party for 2 weeks so would really
like her to go to a new home within that space of time.

Thank you for ready   

Chris.
07973 735574

duggs

• Omega Knight
  • Felixstowe
    • BMW 3.0 Sport
    • View Profile
Re: Both an exciting and sad day !
« Reply #1 on: 30 November 2012, 21:16:14 »

Well my fellow Omega fanatics, the day has finally come for me to desert and move to the other side !

After 3 years of ownership I've decided, rightly or wrongly, that it's time for a change and am picking up a BMW 3.0 Sport in the morning. (Saturday 1st Dec)

As a result I have for sale my X Reg F/L 3.0 Elite Automatic in Metalllic Black standing at 117,400 miles :

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=45520.0

The creature in the last picture is NOT part of the deal !

Firstly all the good things:  (Several Receipts Available.)

She has had a recent complete Cambelt and Water Pump change, courtesy of of Daz. (6,000 miles ago) so has at least 34,000 miles to go before the next one.

She has 11 months MOT left AND 5 months TAX.  Interior has no rips or too obvious wear.

Rear shocks were changed about a year ago but for standard ones. The air lines are still there if air shocks are required back again.

New pads and disks on rear in Oct 2011 (Done 16,000 miles since)

New pads on front Oct 29th this year.

Oil changed at 3,000 miles without fail as long as I've had her. ( 3 years).  And heck does it show !  The engine runs beautifully without any knocks.

NO Oil leaks after complete gasket/seals renewed for VX ones April 10.

Windscreen COMPLETELY clear, replaced in March 2011

Dis Pack, HT leads and all plugs chnaged about two years ago.

New pads on rear again this October.

The front wishbones were changed for Lemforders about 3 months ago.

Tyres are all good, especially the fronts that look just about new.

Rear parking sensors with both a audio and visual warning. A little screen sits under the radio in a little cubby hole with green and red lights telling you the distance before you hit anything...unless some pillock walks behind you as you reverse, whereupon the audio alarm goes mental.

At the asking price, TWO sets of alloy wheels will go with her, the Vectra C ones shown in the pictures and the original Elite alloys, currently taking up space in the garage.
If need be I'll swap the tyres over and sell the Vectra wheels separately BUT I think they look good on the car so am prepared to leave em !

The stereo will stay (Sony Xplod) which has also got USB/phono connectivity. Speaking of which. The front speakers have been upgraded to Pioneer's and at the rear I've rewired some
"sit on speakers". I've still got the original Omega grills though if someone wanted to do a proper job.

The rear blind works fine although as you'll notice I've "filmed" the back windows, which can be removed of course if the buyer doesn't like it.

I haven't listed the obvious "Omega Elite" bits and bobs but please don't hesitate to contact me if anything needs clarification.

Now a few negatives:

All the electrics work BUT the MID screen is starting to play up with pixels going walk about. Fortunately though, the computer data is fine, tis just the lower, date and time that's a gonna.

The air con does work, well it would if there was any gas in it BUT in our weather I just don't bother using it, its run out over these past 3 years and I just don't see the point in having it regassed.

The body work is good with the usual car park "dings ..Grrr ! and NO visable rust.   BUT in all honesty there are some scratch marks on the passenger side which I inherited from the previous owner. I've been waiting for someone to bang in to me so that I can claim on anothers insurance. Unfortunately because of my safe driving style,  3 years on, I'm still waiting !

I got an advisory on a slight blow on the exhaust but the garage went under and cured it before the pass.

Well !  I think thats about it, IF I remember anything else I'll update this post accordingly....

Opps !   Oh yes..a price.       Please forgive me if it's considered unreasonable but given the way she runs, the 11 months MOT, 5 months TAX
and the 2 sets of allow wheels, I'm politely asking for as near to £ 1000.00 as possibly to help towards my now bulging credit card bill.

I don't think I'm being overly optimistic but hey..."tis only worth what someone's willing to pay".  I have her insured 3rd party for 2 weeks so would really
like her to go to a new home within that space of time.

Thank you for reading.   

Chris.
07973 735574

cam2502

• Omega Baron
  • dumfries,scotland
    • 08 BMW 520d & 03 Saab 95
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 December 2012, 19:28:22 »

Very nice car mate, good luck with the sale.

duggs

• Omega Knight
  • Felixstowe
    • BMW 3.0 Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 December 2012, 22:26:03 »

Ohhhhh well !  She's on Ebay now....£1000 buy it now. Time will tell.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 18 queries.