Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tyre inflator for the boot...  (Read 706 times)

OmegaAnglesey

Tyre inflator for the boot...
« on: 12 March 2013, 02:22:00 »

(Not a Tyre thread as such  ;D ::))

I'm looking to buy one of these or something similar to the one in the link.

http://amazon.co.uk/dp/B000UPEHJU

As I'm sure pretty much all OOF members know how long and tiresome it is to pump a Omega tyre especially the 234/45/17 tyres  ;D

And with one of my rears having a slow leak I'm getting fed up of pumping it by foot or going to a petrol station paying 50p to pump it up...

It's not just that but it would be handy in general to have in the boot.. Your thoughts and opinions on this type of product are all welcome ..

Thanks in advance.

:)

mantahatch

Re: Tyre inflator for the boot...
« Reply #1 on: 12 March 2013, 07:38:48 »

I have similar at home. When it breaks I intend to replace with something like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-VAUXHALL-COMPRESSOR-AND-TYRE-SEALANT-TYRE-REPAIR-INFLATOR-/171005660201?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Wheels_tyre_Trims_Trims_ET&hash=item27d0bb4c29

That said I also have a very old brass and steel large capacity foot pump, and it will probably inflate quicker than the 12v ones depending on how quickly you can pump  :y

omega3000

« Reply #2 on: 12 March 2013, 08:34:49 »

You could get your puncture fixed for less than that  ;D Although those compressors are handy for lots of things inc pressure testing the coolant system  ;)

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #3 on: 12 March 2013, 15:27:24 »

As said get your tyre leak fixed mate?  I have carried a small tyre inflator in my boot for many years now and it has got me out of a fix on a number of occasions :y
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 March 2013, 16:31:00 »

I have one very similar to the link Mantahatch has provided & it is a cracking bit of kit! No fancy pushbuttons or guages on the outside to get damaged or broken, everything fits neatly inside the small case when not in use. It is easily stored in the boot cubbyhole without blocking the airflow which is a bonus :y
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

OmegaAnglesey

« Reply #5 on: 12 March 2013, 16:37:00 »

As said get your tyre leak fixed mate?  I have carried a small tyre inflator in my boot for many years now and it has got me out of a fix on a number of occasions :y
not really worth it mate, the rears will need changing this year at some point and its pretty slow 3/4 weeks it goes down to about 15psi but I check it weekly and thought one of these machines would be a better alternative to pumping by foot or going to pay 50p for air.. Saying that I do have an emergency can of tyre puncture repair/inflator stuff just incase.

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #6 on: 12 March 2013, 16:42:00 »

not really worth it mate, the rears will need changing this year at some point and its pretty slow 3/4 weeks it goes down to about 15psi but I check it weekly and thought one of these machines would be a better alternative to pumping by foot or going to pay 50p for air.. Saying that I do have an emergency can of tyre puncture repair/inflator stuff just incase.

Your only contact with the road is your tyres, and a slow leak won't get better and may suddenly deflate - I would still get it fixed for your own and other road users safety!   ;)
ps - won't help anti-tramlining either  ;D ;D ;D ;D
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

OmegaAnglesey

« Reply #7 on: 12 March 2013, 17:02:40 »

Your only contact with the road is your tyres, and a slow leak won't get better and may suddenly deflate - I would still get it fixed for your own and other road users safety!   ;)
ps - won't help anti-tramlining either  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Aye very true and that would be the sensible thing to do or just buy new tyres now :y, It's a Dunlop tyre of some sorts.. Anyways I still think it would be handy to have one of these in the car but can anyone vouch for the one on amazon the brand Ring isn't that bad but I could be proven wrong .

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12 March 2013, 17:18:11 »

I was sick and tired of going to the garage in freezing wet weather that i bought my self a compressor from halfrauds   ..model number..239074.....i have 18 inch wheels on my mig and it only takes approx 3 mins to inflate from flat...its digital......you can preset it to your pressure thus leaving it to cut out instead of constantly checking it...max 120psi....a range of adaptors for air beds ...all folds away neatly in the side compartment of the boot..also i do not have to rely on others for theirs....ok it cost me £49.99....but i am so pleased with it and glad i did not buy a cheapie old rubbishy unit..i do not regret it what so ever  :y :) :) :)

OmegaAnglesey

« Reply #9 on: 12 March 2013, 18:04:33 »

The RING inflator seems to be good according to Autoexpress and WhatCar.
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/43907/ring-rac600
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.