Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: For The Non Omega Owner's  (Read 4780 times)

omega3000

Re: For The Non Omega Owner's
« Reply #30 on: 28 April 2013, 15:55:03 »

Omega is a classic now ..well at least i think so  ::) Its a bit like looking back and saying i wished id kept my old capri or old carlton , knowing what they are worth now you would have kept it but i would sure still need one hefty big garage for them all inc three 2.9 grannies  ;D

dazzerM

• Reading
  • Mokka 1.7CDTI, BMW 120D Shadow (It’s a work car)
    • Which ones closest
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 28 April 2013, 18:03:14 »

I sold my last one July last year and regretted it ever since  :'(

Since selling it I had

vectra 2.2 Sri
Seat Ibiza Cupra running 280 bhp
VW golf 1.8 20 V turbo running 220 bhp
And a Peugeot partner, for some cheap motoring

The V6 bug and rwd bit me hard and none of the above were a spec on the Omega for power or comfort, and I don't think anything gets near it on value for money hence I am looking for number 4 :y

I have a Zafira as the daily drive and family car but the only thing you look forward whilst driving that is getting out the other end  ;)

Darren

ted_one

« Reply #32 on: 28 April 2013, 18:40:11 »

EMD and Dazzer M I'm with you and have had Omegas for twelve years,I've driven all sorts of cars through my work,most of them brand new or low mileage and on a personal basis I still get a kick out of a driving my Omegas and enjoy the odd drag race from the traffic lights especially with the turbo wheezel drivers who get get a bit of a shock that a big old barge can be so nimble on the green light.I'm committed to keeping my cars and my son already knows that when I shuffle off the perch the house money is going to the cats home and he gets the cars...aint life a bitch sometimes ::) ;D

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 28 April 2013, 20:27:03 »

Personal car for me is a BMW 5 Series, cheap to tax, extremely cheap to run, very comfy, very relaxing and lovely to drive. Omega's are still brilliant cars, and I do miss mine, but I wouldn't have another one for personal use. To sell on, on the other hand, most definitely.
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 28 April 2013, 20:39:54 »

The only thing I miss about the Miggy is the cruise control.  It seems that is was an optional extra on XJRs, I mean for £54k you got to pay extra for cruise right?! :o  ;D

I could retro fit it but it looks like the lpg installation will make that very difficult or even impossible :-\

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 28 April 2013, 21:17:01 »

I might be a non-Omega owner soon if the misfire turns out to be something more serious than the usual suspects....  :-\ 
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

scottambrose

« Reply #36 on: 30 April 2013, 08:38:40 »

im sticking the mv6 up for sale ive just bought a facelift mondeo zetec-s. by far a nicer car although when i get back in the omega there is something it has that makes me smile.

doz

• Omega Knight
  • Southampton
  • LC,GSi Carlton,Omega Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 30 April 2013, 08:53:09 »

I've committed to my Omega for the long term by fitting the LPG. I'm bored silly with having to have a diesel to get any MPG with any form of poke. I'm also not cut out for small cars. They drive me mad. So for the mean time I'll stick with it. I don't get bored with and the only thing I'd change it for is a VW Phaeton which I refuse to buy until I can fix it!!!!
If you have to ask you wouldn't understand

Rog

« Reply #38 on: 30 April 2013, 09:10:31 »

My Omega is in the garage right now for another few hundred ££ of repairs.   :(

Decision made. Anything else and it goes,  :'( Regrettable, but the fact is they are now simply getting too old and I need something reliable for everyday and long distance business use, and trips to France.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #39 on: 30 April 2013, 09:23:16 »

I've committed to my Omega for the long term by fitting the LPG. I'm bored silly with having to have a diesel to get any MPG with any form of poke. I'm also not cut out for small cars. They drive me mad. So for the mean time I'll stick with it. I don't get bored with and the only thing I'd change it for is a VW Phaeton which I refuse to buy until I can fix it!!!!

dont !

without doubt it will require all sorts of tools , and an army of Lilliputs to work in tight spaces ;D

ps: there is a nice one (nice color) in a nearby showroom and waiting for more than a year to be sold
« Last Edit: 30 April 2013, 09:24:56 by cem »

omega3000

« Reply #40 on: 30 April 2013, 20:17:57 »

Ive been looking at a diesel  :-X ::)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.