Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wanted. Elite leather drivers seat.  (Read 2018 times)

chrisgixer

Wanted. Elite leather drivers seat.
« on: 10 July 2013, 22:33:43 »

Must be smooth 02 black (or whatever the darkest colour is) leather. ( not 03 buffalo hide/grained leather jobs the car should have)

All in working order with minimal wear if possible please.

Ta

chrisgixer

Re: Wanted. Elite leather drivers seat.
« Reply #1 on: 26 July 2013, 01:27:31 »

Or failing a complete seat, the back cover in good nic will do.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 July 2013, 08:16:37 »

Do you mean the plastic pocket on the back of the seat or the leather cover of the upright part of the seat?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 July 2013, 08:52:21 »

I'd suggest seat cover. As the only things that go wrong with these is the heaters.
Grumpy old man

chrisgixer

« Reply #4 on: 26 July 2013, 09:21:50 »

Do you mean the plastic pocket on the back of the seat or the leather cover of the upright part of the seat?

The heater has failed in the cover on the upright bit. Again. :( its distorting the leather and getting hotter than the rest of the seat in cirtain areas.

The leather and heaters on the base are fine though.

Other faults are the fuse 15 fault with the heater pad loom shorting in the side frame, and the memory save button intermittent, although this has improved recently...maybe its had something spilt in it. :-\

Given those it would be easier to replace the whole thing if a decent one could be found, or failing that replace the leather on the upright from a seat with a worn base. Ime its the base that wears most first if anything.

And then repairs the heated seat loom on the side frame... Although would a repair cause more resistance and get hot again. :-\

chrisgixer

« Reply #5 on: 26 July 2013, 09:23:50 »

The heater has failed in the cover on the upright bit. Again. :( its distorting the leather and getting hotter than the rest of the seat in cirtain areas.

The leather and heaters on the base are fine though.

Other faults are the fuse 15 fault with the heater pad loom shorting in the side frame, and the memory save button intermittent, although this has improved recently...maybe its had something spilt in it. :-\

Given those it would be easier to replace the whole thing if a decent one could be found, or failing that replace the leather on the upright from a seat with a worn base. Ime its the base that wears most first if anything.

And then repairs the heated seat loom on the side frame... Although would a repair cause more resistance and get hot again. :-\

Spilt on it... Ffs where the edit button. I can't cope with out an edit button. ;D

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 July 2013, 13:07:11 »

The heater has failed in the cover on the upright bit. Again. :( its distorting the leather and getting hotter than the rest of the seat in certain areas.

Exactly the same in my 2.6, although the ones in my 3.2 are fine.  ???

Mind you. I rarely use them on my 3.2 so it may be more to do with the previous owners of the 2.6 using them a lot.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 July 2013, 21:16:25 »

Worth attempting another repair on it Mr Gixer?  Happy to try, I see you have nothing really to lose?

Bit tied up currently, but guess you dont use heaters too much this time of year?
Grumpy old man

chrisgixer

« Reply #8 on: 27 July 2013, 09:16:40 »

Worth attempting another repair on it Mr Gixer?  Happy to try, I see you have nothing really to lose?

Bit tied up currently, but guess you dont use heaters too much this time of year?

A kind offer, but I think you have enough to worry about ATM.

Now is the time to sort it before winter and heavy heated seat use arrives. I do like a heated seat in winter.

If repairing that particular seat cover element I'd have to fit a pad element I think. The last time we repaired it, the copper wire itself was in such a poor state for some reason, I think we'd be flogging a dead horse there.

Should have kept the original "elephant hide" seats. :(

Although the seat frame chafing issue would need sorting. Buttons might clean up if there's been a spillage. But the leather distortion is unavoidably on show. :(

I have an mv6 cloth seat in at the moment, not as comfy, "I don't have a recaro shaped arse" as Martin Clunes once said on Top Gear ;D although it does hold you in much better. The back is much better with the side Bolsters which i like.
 There's no more head room to be had from it either, as I thought there would be with less motors under it.

....thought occurs, I don't remember seeing the chafing on the heated seat loom that's currently there when we had the thing apart. :-\

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 27 July 2013, 09:25:33 »

....thought occurs, I don't remember seeing the chafing on the heated seat loom that's currently there when we had the thing apart. :-\
I can't rely on my memory, but I'm sure if there was any sign of insulation damage, we would have repaired and heatshrunk it.

//Note to self - heatshrink to go on the loss list.
Grumpy old man

chrisgixer

« Reply #10 on: 27 July 2013, 09:34:29 »

I can't rely on my memory, but I'm sure if there was any sign of insulation damage, we would have repaired and heatshrunk it.

//Note to self - heatshrink to go on the loss list.

Didn't we change the controller unit...?

Oh no, waaaaait a minute... ;D it was the passenger seat we had apart, as she was moaning about the cold. Probably as I was gloating about being warm. ;D
 So no we wouldn't have seen any chafing anyway  :-[ ;D

chrisgixer

« Reply #11 on: 27 July 2013, 09:35:24 »

Drivers seat was the back only. ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 27 July 2013, 10:47:32 »

Can't remember now much it needed to be stripped to fix the heater, so would the wiring have been visible?

Clearly, if it was visible, we would have sorted it.  So the worrying thing is did we make a mistake reassembling, causing it to rub?  :-[
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 27 July 2013, 10:48:22 »

it was the passenger seat we had apart, as she was moaning about the cold. Probably as I was gloating about being warm. ;D
Not that you're a mean bastard or anything ;D.

Poor Mrs Gixer...
Grumpy old man

chrisgixer

« Reply #14 on: 27 July 2013, 11:48:54 »

Can't remember now much it needed to be stripped to fix the heater, so would the wiring have been visible?

Clearly, if it was visible, we would have sorted it.  So the worrying thing is did we make a mistake reassembling, causing it to rub?  :-[

No I don't think so. Iirc we just did the seat back on that one. So wouldn't have seen it.

Its a common issue anyway. Well... Common issue in that 3 or 4 members have posted on it. Weds for one. Thanks to him again. :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 18 queries.