Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wheel balancing  (Read 864 times)

STMO123

Wheel balancing
« on: 14 November 2006, 11:36:58 »

Just a quick observation. I, like a few others on here, was getting vibration through the steering wheel at about 80/85 mph. I took it to Kwik-fit and had the front wheels balanced which made it better but still not good.
I lived with it until I got a slow puncture in the rear drivers side tyre. Went and got this repaired and its now perfect. Never known another car were the rear wheel balance is so important.

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Wheel balancing
« Reply #1 on: 14 November 2006, 11:55:37 »

Just a quick observation. I, like a few others on here, was getting vibration through the steering wheel at about 80/85 mph. I took it to Kwik-fit and had the front wheels balanced which made it better but still not good.
I lived with it until I got a slow puncture in the rear drivers side tyre. Went and got this repaired and its now perfect. Never known another car were the rear wheel balance is so important.

It's always important to have the rear wheels balanced as well as the front. In my experience, if rear wheels are out of balance you get vibrations throughout the car, but not necessarily steering wheel shake. ;)
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!

Big Rod

• Fife, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 November 2006, 11:57:47 »

The place wher I get my wheels balanced does them to motorcycle tolerances! < 1 gram.

What can I say? I have a sensitive backside!!
If I have to explain you won't understand!

Bo Bo

• Omega Baron
  • Coventry
  • Here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 November 2006, 14:41:25 »

Exactly the same for me a couple of weeks ago (well apart from Kwik-Twits!)
Where would we be without rhetorical questions?!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.