Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega 2.5v6 running lumpy  (Read 1465 times)

ninadolton57

• Taunton Somerset
    • Omega 2.5V6
    • View Profile
Omega 2.5v6 running lumpy
« on: 08 October 2013, 11:58:28 »

If anyone has any idea what could be wrong with my Omega, I just bought it and it is running nice and quiet one min and then i can go back out and start it and it sounds and runs lumpy and juddery, could this be plugs i have a hole in exaust so i no why it is sounding a bit loud that is going to be done but being a woman im not machanically minded, just would like it running nice its an auto, any sugestions welcome please, Nina.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Omega 2.5v6 running lumpy
« Reply #1 on: 08 October 2013, 17:27:46 »

Hi Nina , welcome to the forum.

Could be a number of reasons why your car runs lumpy from time to time.

On the Omega V6 these include in no particular order spark plugs, oil in the spark plug wells from a rocker cover gasket leak due to the breathers not being cleaned regularly, spark plug leads breaking down ( at night time you would be able to see the leads arcing if the fault was present), faulty DIS pack ( that might show up as lumpy running at say 50MPh whilst trying to accelerate up a hill but otherwise running fine on a light throttle load).

In the maintenance guide there is a handy trick you can easily do with a paperclip to show any stored engine fault codes. called a paperclip test. Worth doing in any case.

Someone else will be along with some more specific ideas.

Does it only do it at certain speeds or on hills or pulling away from a roundabout?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

ninadolton57

• Taunton Somerset
    • Omega 2.5V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 October 2013, 17:41:44 »

No it does it from turning on the engine its pot luck as to wether it starts up like it or not, i am begining to dread going out as i went shopping monday and it run lovely then came out of shop about an hour later turned her over and it was awlful it seemed to be jumping all the way home  any suggestions welcome please, nina

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 October 2013, 17:54:12 »

Possible cam sensor? For expert opinion post up the codes as above. :y

ffcgary1

• Omega Baron
  • Mitcham,Surrey.
  • I really must get my eyes seen to.
    • Omega Estate/ jaguar XJ6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 October 2013, 18:00:39 »

Crank sensor, will give this symptoms but check the obvious first or pm elite pete or darth  who are well respected omega mchanics on here and will give first class service at a fraction of a stealer or local garage. :y
Elite leather, cruise control, 3.0ltr cams, gas flowed 3.0ltr inlet manifold, 4 bar fuel pressure regulator, rear side window demisters, rear electric windows. projectors /HID'S, h/l washers.
Jaguar XJ6

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 October 2013, 20:05:31 »

Crank sensor, will give this symptoms but check the obvious first or pm elite pete or darth who are well respected omega mchanics on here and will give first class service at a fraction of a stealer or local garage. :y

Are they anywhere near Somerset?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #6 on: 08 October 2013, 20:32:15 »

Sounds like it could be failing crank sensor - as said check the codes (paperclip test) ;)
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

ffcgary1

• Omega Baron
  • Mitcham,Surrey.
  • I really must get my eyes seen to.
    • Omega Estate/ jaguar XJ6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 October 2013, 21:06:05 »

They have been known to travel Varche.But i get the point i did not look at op location. my bad. :-[
Elite leather, cruise control, 3.0ltr cams, gas flowed 3.0ltr inlet manifold, 4 bar fuel pressure regulator, rear side window demisters, rear electric windows. projectors /HID'S, h/l washers.
Jaguar XJ6

ninadolton57

• Taunton Somerset
    • Omega 2.5V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 October 2013, 10:33:44 »

its def mis fireing so gona change plugs and leads and go from there, my hubby did paper clip test and also has a car code reader and it shows no faults at all. but he took it out last night and says is mis fireing , will let you know if plugs and leads do the trick,Nina

omega3000

« Reply #9 on: 09 October 2013, 10:56:34 »

its def mis fireing so gona change plugs and leads and go from there, my hubby did paper clip test and also has a car code reader and it shows no faults at all. but he took it out last night and says is mis fireing , will let you know if plugs and leads do the trick,Nina

Code reader wont show a failing dis pack . If its the same as my old one it will be the dis pack breaking down  :)

ninadolton57

• Taunton Somerset
    • Omega 2.5V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 15 October 2013, 21:38:15 »

Well ive bought new plugs and leads and gona change crank sensor but for the last 4 days shes been running fine, I cant make this car out, i have a blow on the exhaust and a bit noisey so gona do that as well, i will see what happens

Radar

• Omega Knight
  • Berkshire
    • Elite 2.5 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 15 October 2013, 21:44:57 »

Have you tried pulling out the fuse for the secondary air injection? It is a free 1 minute job that could help?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.