Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Are these ok ?  (Read 1421 times)

omega3000

Re: Are these ok ?
« Reply #15 on: 16 October 2013, 13:59:11 »

Longer bolts needed for these then  spacer 5mm shims

Or will the standard wheel bolts be ok  :-\

Depends if your worried about the wheels falling off. ;D

Personally there is no way I would cut 5mm off the length of my wheel bolts and drive the car. Which is effectively what will happen by not using longer bolts with those spacers. There will 5mm less thread on all 5bolts to hold the wheel in the hub.

I wouldnt run them on 5mm shorter bolts , although i did on my Mk5 cortina with no problem  :-\ Wonder where longer bolts could be sourced  :-\

MR MISTER

« Reply #16 on: 16 October 2013, 18:10:38 »

Longer bolts needed for these then  spacer 5mm shims

Or will the standard wheel bolts be ok  :-\
£5.85. They'll be classy. ;D

05omegav6

« Reply #17 on: 16 October 2013, 19:02:31 »

The first ones you linked to are the type Entwood mentioned which bolt to the original hub. The new bolt holes are offset by 36° and are the same 110mm pcd. In spite of TBs allergic reaction to ebay, they have been machined to fit flush over the existing hub, and also with a spigot ring to support the wheels as per the originals :y

They don't correct offset issues, they simply move the whole wheel out, effectively making the track wider, which may or may not cause handling oddities :-\

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 16 October 2013, 19:25:03 »

The first ones you linked to are the type Entwood mentioned which bolt to the original hub. The new bolt holes are offset by 36° and are the same 110mm pcd. In spite of TBs allergic reaction to ebay, they have been machined to fit flush over the existing hub, and also with a spigot ring to support the wheels as per the originals :y

They don't correct offset issues, they simply move the whole wheel out, effectively making the track wider, which may or may not cause handling oddities :-\
Soz about that, just getting sick to the back teeth of all the shite that comes through the post every time I use it. I think every single item I've bought from egay this year has gone straight in the wheelie bin, with the exception of a "brand new, unused, sealed box" camera from a shop that was sent back for a refund, which was hard work. Apparently, 2nd hand, still with all the face recognition settings of the previous owners, sandblasted and dented, and a refurbished by sticker on the box actually means "brand new, unused, sealed box".

Generally, if you need any item, if you are looking on egay, you're getting pretty desperate. It was once good, great even, but like car booties in the 1990s, ruined by poor traders and scum who knowingly mis-sell shite.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 18 queries.