Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which is worse . . . . . .  (Read 711 times)

Rog

Which is worse . . . . . .
« on: 12 November 2013, 14:11:11 »

So, another two energy companies have announced price hikes (EDF & EON both foreign owned) and have been trying to create some good PR by stating that their increases are less than the others.

Ed Davey, the energy secretary said  "Fair or not, they (the public) look at the big suppliers and they see a reflection of the greed that consumed the banks."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-24906531

Well obviously not really the same of course, but I get what he means, and completely agree. I certainly see the energy companies (ALL of them) simply as greedy B****ds, and in some ways worse than the bankers.

cleggy

Re: Which is worse . . . . . .
« Reply #1 on: 12 November 2013, 14:14:48 »

Along with the nose in the trough MP's who get their energy bills paid >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

I don't agree with green energy taxes on my energy bill, wind Turbines that don't work and are a blot on the landscape, useless solar panels ETC so can I just deduct from my bill the amount I contribute to this farce ::) ;) ;D
« Last Edit: 12 November 2013, 14:17:19 by Cleggy »

blackviper90210

• Omega Baron
  • Bromsgrove, West Midlands
    • 03 3.2 Elite Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 November 2013, 14:21:23 »

Along with the nose in the trough MP's who get their energy bills paid >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

I don't agree with green energy taxes on my energy bill, wind Turbines that don't work and are a blot on the landscape, useless solar panels ETC so can I just deduct from my bill the amount I contribute to this farce ::) ;) ;D

If you did that, your bill would probably be 95% less  ;D ;D ;D
AKA - Mr Bracket

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 November 2013, 14:53:07 »

There in lies a real issue.

The feedin tariffs offered for the hopeless 'sustainable' my arse energy solutions is many times that of the market rate and is needed to make the 'sustainable' my arse solutions viable.

Solar panels are a pet hate of mine as they produce some nominal quantity of electricity at times when the domestic user is least likely to need to and produce nothing when they are most likely to need it. The consequence is a technology that is capable of offsetting zero 'established' generating solutions based on fossil fuels/atomic energy.

Wind power is little better but at least it does something at night.

05omegav6

« Reply #4 on: 12 November 2013, 17:05:36 »

Solar is good for water heating to be fair... saves a couple of quid elswhere by not needing to run the immersion or boiler so much :y

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 November 2013, 17:11:08 »

Looking at this as a trend , there must be a day in the future when 8% increases on fuel bills will mean the bill will be larger than salaries increasing at say1%.

Tail wagging the dog

The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

cleggy

« Reply #6 on: 12 November 2013, 17:22:12 »

Solar is good for water heating to be fair... saves a couple of quid elswhere by not needing to run the immersion or boiler so much :y

We use the most hot water in the morning when it's dark, surely it will be cold at that time after been heated the day before if the sun shone ???

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 November 2013, 17:54:02 »

Especially with an Immersun or similar fitted. :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.