Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: To stay or change?  (Read 3767 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: To stay or change?
« Reply #15 on: 25 November 2013, 21:44:42 »

As I've said before, my three year old galaxy s still performs well. It's not stuffed with crap I don't need and runs as fast as it ever did. Admittedly, I probably don't use it as much as others do. But with 1Gb, 600 mins and 5000 texts (who the fick uses 5000 texts?) for £9.99, I'm happy.
Exactly.

Who is your provider offering that package, as NiffNaff are really beginning to piss me off now.
Grumpy old man

MR MISTER

« Reply #16 on: 25 November 2013, 21:48:43 »

As I've said before, my three year old galaxy s still performs well. It's not stuffed with crap I don't need and runs as fast as it ever did. Admittedly, I probably don't use it as much as others do. But with 1Gb, 600 mins and 5000 texts (who the fick uses 5000 texts?) for £9.99, I'm happy.
Exactly.

Who is your provider offering that package, as NiffNaff are really beginning to piss me off now.
Its 3. Package should cost £15.99, but sky aren't the only ones who respond to a threat of leaving. I went with giff gaff for two months until my contract with 3 ran out. I wanted to make sure I could live with them. Rang up 3 to cancel and they matched my giff gaff deal with 100 extra mins.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 25 November 2013, 21:51:43 »

Exactly.

Its 3. Package should cost £15.99, but sky aren't the only ones who respond to a threat of leaving. I went with giff gaff for two months until my contract with 3 ran out. I wanted to make sure I could live with them. Rang up 3 to cancel and they matched my giff gaff deal with 100 extra mins.
Booger. 3 are piss poor around here (fairly rural). OK in larger towns, but zilch in the country and villages  :'(

Good offer though, if it works for you :y
Grumpy old man

MR MISTER

« Reply #18 on: 25 November 2013, 21:54:45 »

Been with three for seven years and the little Indian chappie was not gonna let me go. I think he'd have give me a go of his missus if I'd have asked. ;D

chrisgixer

« Reply #19 on: 26 November 2013, 08:20:44 »

I compared multi tasking and apps that are important to me on iOS, with an old htc one on Android belonging to a guy at work.

No reason to leave iOS as far as I can see. So as I was bored with iOS I upgraded to the latest firmware and dropped all that Jail braking cobblers. I had to pay for tomtom,which is Na on Android I'm told, but its a good app that's worth the money.

Apple have copied Androids task manager, which allows scrolling through screen shots of the apps that are open on screen. There are a few instances where it's very handy to have info in one app. visible when typing that info into another app. Copy and paste isn't always suitable for this task. In fact copy and paste is fiddly on iOS.
 Its a step in the right direction for better multi tasking, but neither of the current crop of smartphone software allow the level of functionality Nokia had in their smartphones. Eg the phone app. Is utterly appalling on both os's, in that multi tasking is ignored. You receive a voice mail quoting a number to call back on. It's not the same number they called you on or the callers number is blocked, so you need to dial the number in the voice mail.
 Its a smartphone right? Wrong. Play the voicemail on speaker, then open the the phone keypad to tap in the number as you listen to the message. Nope, can't do it, the voicemail part of the phone app closes as you open the keyboard. Both Android and Apple are the same in this regard. (Yes you can memorise it, but why risk a redial or two, and my memory is appalling ESP when tired)
 Type in a number on the phone keypad, and miss out a digit, you can't move the curser along and insert the one missing digit, you have to erase all the numbers back and redial them all again once the correct number is entered. This is not a "smart" piece of design.

Still, at least they don't crash... Oh now wait. Yes they do, after updating to 7.4 (But only once so far ;D )

chrisgixer

« Reply #20 on: 26 November 2013, 08:24:41 »

Actually, just googled tomtom for android and it is available. Maybe he meant for free.

Thought that was odd. ::)

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 26 November 2013, 09:50:28 »

I had the S4 for nearly a year now and I love it.  Much better than the S3 and despite trying I just cant get comfortable with the iPhone.

brendan1983

• Hampshire
    • Omega CDX Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 26 November 2013, 10:13:18 »

I've gone from iPhone 4 - then over to an android phone - then to an iPhone 5 - I don't see why anyone would want an android handset, the apps and functionality on the iPhone are just better imo.

Not to mention the quality of the handset compared to anything else - a year later and it still works perfectly and still fast, everything backs up via iCloud seamlessly. It works perfectly for my work email and calendar etc.
2003 CDX & Yamaha Thunderace

D

• Omega Knight
  • SE London
    • 03 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 26 November 2013, 10:26:16 »

I've gone from iPhone 4 - then over to an android phone - then to an iPhone 5 - I don't see why anyone would want an android handset, the apps and functionality on the iPhone are just better imo.

Not to mention the quality of the handset compared to anything else - a year later and it still works perfectly and still fast, everything backs up via iCloud seamlessly. It works perfectly for my work email and calendar etc.

In response, I(between me and my wife) have had a 4, 4s and then a 5. Now I have a Nexus 4 and would not currently consider going back to Apple for phones. Why? Because:
1. I want a bigger screen to watch my entertainment on it.
2. I connect to work via my phone and a larger screen is essential for scrutinising results/info sent to me
3. Android lets me do what I want to rather then limiting me to what Apple want me to do. Of course you can jailbreak, but you loose your warranty.
4. Lastly £289 vs £549. I dont own a oil company in the middle east, so I rather choose value and spend my money on something useful(home/family/holidays/life) rather than a phone that changes fashion every year. I mean how do people actually afford to pay for a £500+ phone every year?
Never Argue With A Fool – They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience!

blackviper90210

• Omega Baron
  • Bromsgrove, West Midlands
    • 03 3.2 Elite Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 26 November 2013, 10:26:22 »

The debate on iOS, android, Windows etc, could go on forever.

At the end of the day, everybody has a preference and what is great for one, may not be for another.  They all have their faults, but nothing in life is perfect, STEMO is the exception ::) ;D ;D

I like iOS, but mostly use Android. Yet to try Windows on a phone yet  8)
AKA - Mr Bracket

kev2b4

• Luton, Beds
    • 2.5 CDX ,2.5 tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 26 November 2013, 13:09:45 »

I like my old nokia - phone calls , text, alarm clock -- what more do i need?

Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 26 November 2013, 17:58:28 »

I like my old nokia - phone calls , text, alarm clock -- what more do i need?

Emails on the go, WindGuru, Tube arrival and general TFL delays, road traffic delays and live cameras, sat nav, ability to google stuff while on the move and an app that makes fart noises.

Surely the same as everyone else?

As it happens I use an andriod phone (currently Xperia Tipo, was a Galaxy Y has also been Xperia E and Xperia mini pro) for work and an iPhone 5 for personal stuff.

Of the two I prefer the iPhone. It all just seems easier to use.

I'm no apple fan boi but prefer my iPad over the Andriod tablet i also have.

Just one of those things

As for the typing a number in with voice mail on it is actually quite good on iPhone (well 5 with iOS7), as you put the speaker on and play voice mail, hear the first few numbers, press keypad, voicemail pauses, type the numbers so far, press voicmail and then play and message continues from point it started, press keypad again and last typed numers are still there ready for next ones to be added. If you miss a bit slide the play bar backwards. Very simple and not that hard to use.

Lack of knowledge makes things harder, next time ask the nearest 10 year old and it'll be fine  ;D

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.