Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Don't be nasty!!  (Read 4937 times)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
Re: Don't be nasty!!
« Reply #45 on: 03 January 2014, 22:31:53 »

Trouble with the miles I do is that most are stop/start short blasts around town, about the most efficient way to destroy a DPF...

I still do a 12 mile each way commute and not all work miles will be town centre, I cover the whole Borough (County to some)  Had one before and did 45k miles in 3 and hal years without anything but servicing........ ;)

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 03 January 2014, 22:38:55 »

Trouble with the miles I do is that most are stop/start short blasts around town, about the most efficient way to destroy a DPF...

I still do a 12 mile each way commute and not all work miles will be town centre, I cover the whole Borough (County to some)  Had one before and did 45k miles in 3 and hal years without anything but servicing........ ;)

it probably wasn't Dpf'd,Mark is right with his warnings,diesels are no longer any good for urban use :(
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 03 January 2014, 23:46:16 »

They may do 600miles to the tank,  ....

I wish!  ::) ::) ::)

chrisgixer

« Reply #48 on: 03 January 2014, 23:54:51 »

it probably wasn't Dpf'd,Mark is right with his warnings,diesels are no longer any good for urban use :(

I suggestion for the word filter there I reckon. Oh that's Dpf'd. ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 04 January 2014, 12:55:44 »

Surely this is a major design flaw, that older derv drinkers didn't suffer from.

A backward step in my opinion.

As I don't lust after a taxi, bus or lorry, I've absolutely no desire to own an oil burner.......especially the new breed with this DPF shit.

05omegav6

« Reply #50 on: 04 January 2014, 13:04:47 »

Surely this is a major design flaw, that older derv drinkers didn't suffer from.

A backward step in my opinion.

As I don't lust after a taxi, bus or lorry, I've absolutely no desire to own an oil burner.......especially the new breed with this DPF shit.
Not even suitable for that any more imho  :-\

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 04 January 2014, 16:53:05 »

Having seen some of the large bills that several diesel owners have recently had, I've come to the conclusion that petrol / LPG is the way to go for the cheapest running costs, where £1000, £2000 and up to £3000 in diesel repair bills pays for the conversion kit and buys an awful lot of LPG.  :y :y :y :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.