Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Painting Garage Floor  (Read 3147 times)

slowboy

• Intermediate Member
  • lode
    • View Profile
Re: Painting Garage Floor
« Reply #15 on: 20 January 2014, 10:54:32 »

mix varnish with floor paint.mines ok after 10 years

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 20 January 2014, 13:00:09 »

One bit of advice from me.  Mix some coarse sand in with the paint before you apply it. When (yes when not if) you spill oil/water/PAS fluid/Diff fluid/Brake fluid on a smooth freshly painted floor it turns into an ice rink.

I did my garage floor about 3 years ago (PVA sealed and 2 part garage floor paint) and now, unless you're Torville or Dean it's virtually impossible to stand up in there.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 20 January 2014, 13:07:08 »

Don't paint yourself into a corner!  ::) ::) ::)
My 'tandem double garage' has an up & over door at the front & a pedestrian door at the rear. I set off painting mine at the back at painted towards the big up & over. When I'd almost finished I tried to open the up & over from the inside to find that SMBO had since returned & parked right up to the door ...... the door wouldn't open &  couldn't get out unless I walked over my nice newly painted door!!  ::) ::) ::) ::) No phone in pocket .... hadn't quite been invented yet & she couldn't hear me shouting. I could just about reach the fuse box so switched the lights on & off till she came looking to see WTF I was playing at!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ha - I started at the corner away from the door, and painted backwards towards it. Pleased as punch that I hadn't painted myself into a corner, I then went to go home. Couldn't find my car keys, then realised I'd hung them up on the wall - at the far side of the garage from the door. I managed to smooth out the footprints inside the garage, but there is now a row of grey paint footsteps from the garage door to where I park my car  :P

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 20 January 2014, 13:09:29 »

Don't paint yourself into a corner!  ::) ::) ::)
My 'tandem double garage' has an up & over door at the front & a pedestrian door at the rear. I set off painting mine at the back at painted towards the big up & over. When I'd almost finished I tried to open the up & over from the inside to find that SMBO had since returned & parked right up to the door ...... the door wouldn't open &  couldn't get out unless I walked over my nice newly painted door!!  ::) ::) ::) ::) No phone in pocket .... hadn't quite been invented yet & she couldn't hear me shouting. I could just about reach the fuse box so switched the lights on & off till she came looking to see WTF I was playing at!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ha - I started at the corner away from the door, and painted backwards towards it. Pleased as punch that I hadn't painted myself into a corner, I then went to go home. Couldn't find my car keys, then realised I'd hung them up on the wall - at the far side of the garage from the door. I managed to smooth out the footprints inside the garage, but there is now a row of grey paint footsteps from the garage door to where I park my car  :P

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.