Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Contitech wishbones?  (Read 890 times)

Bikerdon

• Glasgow
    • Vauxhall Omega 2.6 V6 Est
    • View Profile
Contitech wishbones?
« on: 01 March 2014, 16:19:32 »

Just found a company advertising contitech wishbones for the Omega, now according to Contitech's own website they do manufacture wishbones so I wondered if anyone had seen them or maybe bought some before?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Contitech wishbones?
« Reply #1 on: 01 March 2014, 18:10:19 »

Not tried, or even seen, them.  However, their wheel bearings for the front are worse than shockingly bad.
Grumpy old man

Bikerdon

• Glasgow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 March 2014, 18:20:37 »

I will be steering clear of the wheel bearings then, their cambelt kits are supposed to be good from what I gather on here though!

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 01 March 2014, 18:25:55 »

I will be steering clear of the wheel bearings then, their cambelt kits are supposed to be good from what I gather on here though!
I can make a mean cooked breakfast, but don't know the first thing about mashing potato...

chrisgixer

« Reply #4 on: 01 March 2014, 18:51:00 »

Just found a company advertising contitech wishbones for the Omega, now according to Contitech's own website they do manufacture wishbones so I wondered if anyone had seen them or maybe bought some before?

New one on me, and most people here I would of thought. In short, never heard of conti wishbones.

I doubt anyone would recommend them on that basis so you'd be in your own there.

Having said that if you go for them please advise how they last. Do you have a link, cost, etc?

Oh, and their wheel bearing are "conti direct" which was said to be different to "conti tech" according to the factors they where returned to. "conti direct" being after market quality. NOT oe quality.

By that, if the bones are marked "conti direct" I'd not touch them with yours, never mind mine. ;)

Bikerdon

• Glasgow
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 March 2014, 20:29:43 »

Well the item number on that well known auction site is 261289177714. Apparently, Continental Direct is the uk distributor for Continental Contitech. Think I might steer clear of them and go for Lemforder, or the ATP ones that several people on here have fitted and seem happy with.

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #6 on: 02 March 2014, 16:04:58 »

Yep Conti cambelt kits are good :y
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.