Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New MAF options  (Read 1694 times)

dunkymunky

New MAF options
« on: 28 May 2014, 20:19:03 »

So, it's become apparent that I need a new MAF.

I can't afford the 100 odd quid vauxhall want for a new one. Euro car parts have two going, one at 80 notes the other at 40. There are some new ones going on eBay for 20 quid ish and only a couple of genuine secondhand ones (with no guarantee) for about 30 quid.

Can anyone offer advice on what to do? Really need to keep the spend as low as possible

Thanks

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
Re: New MAF options
« Reply #1 on: 28 May 2014, 20:19:54 »

Engine?
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

dunkymunky

« Reply #2 on: 28 May 2014, 20:46:51 »

Sorry, it's a 2001(Y) 2.2 GLS auto

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 28 May 2014, 20:56:57 »

Second hand genuine Vauxhall or genuine Bosch new from local factors, try and avoid unknown new from ebay :y

dunkymunky

« Reply #4 on: 28 May 2014, 21:01:41 »

Hold the phone, just found this, it seems like 12quid can't be right????

http://www.megavaux.co.uk/part-airflow_meter_bosch____0281002180-1618.aspx

05omegav6

« Reply #5 on: 28 May 2014, 21:06:46 »

It's a diesel one and second hand, but if compatible, it would do to be getting on with :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 May 2014, 21:46:38 »

Remember Megavaux are breakers, so will be 2nd hand.

Petrol and Diesel 2.2 MAFs are different.
Grumpy old man

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 May 2014, 22:12:35 »

Hold the phone again,

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=123971.0

99.9% sure the one on it's Gen vaux
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

iansoutham

• SE London
    • Omega 2.0 m/f/l est CDX
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 May 2014, 22:34:51 »

Just a quick note for you guys, when I worked @ ,my Vauxhall main dealer, our Parts Dept used to keep the MAF meters in stock. When it came to their own cars, they would try the stock MAF, confirm the fault, then order the same item from the local EuroCarParts using the Bosch number for about half the price.

The Bosch ones listed at EuroCarParts, etc.. is the same as the Vauxhall one. So, if you want one from a motor factors, quote the Bosch number on your MAF and make sure the one you are supplied is the same and it will work perfectly.

We even had a lad send one back via our Parts Dept for warranty that he had from the motor factors and Vauxhall paid it.

omega3000

« Reply #9 on: 28 May 2014, 22:48:24 »

Just a quick note for you guys, when I worked @ ,my Vauxhall main dealer, our Parts Dept used to keep the MAF meters in stock. When it came to their own cars, they would try the stock MAF, confirm the fault, then order the same item from the local EuroCarParts using the Bosch number for about half the price.

The Bosch ones listed at EuroCarParts, etc.. is the same as the Vauxhall one. So, if you want one from a motor factors, quote the Bosch number on your MAF and make sure the one you are supplied is the same and it will work perfectly.

We even had a lad send one back via our Parts Dept for warranty that he had from the motor factors and Vauxhall paid it.

Handy to know that , wonder what else  :y

Spireite

« Reply #10 on: 29 May 2014, 08:31:32 »

I can source you one if needed direct from Robert bosch in Coventry.

Genuine and far cheaper than vauxhall.

Dean

Pm me if needed

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 29 May 2014, 20:08:58 »

The downside of that is many motor factors are buying via a wholesale channel, not from the manufacturer, and there are an awful lot of fake stuff out there.  Every wondered why Bosch/Siemens Crank/Cam sensors not bought from GM never seem to last, if they work at all?

In some cases the factors probably aren't aware, in others, the additional profit to be made may be too tempting.

For this reason, I would not be buying critical sensors from the likes of ECP. I'd happily buy direct from Bosch, although the last crank sensor I bought was around £40 from GM and over £50 from my contacts direct from Bosch...  ...I need better contacts into Bosch ;D
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 22 queries.