Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy New year  (Read 955 times)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Happy New year
« on: 31 December 2014, 13:35:08 »

Wish all of you on OOF a safe, healthy, happy and prosperous 2015.  :y :y :y :y :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
Re: Happy New year
« Reply #1 on: 31 December 2014, 13:41:53 »

Happy New year to you and your lot Rod  :)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31 December 2014, 13:43:53 »

Happy HumBug.

SteveAvfc.

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol
    • Mv6 2.6 V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 December 2014, 13:49:55 »

Happy new year to all the Oof fraternity  :y :y :y
If you work and do your best you get the sack just like the rest.

The Sheriff

« Reply #4 on: 31 December 2014, 14:18:16 »

Happy new year Rods. Where you been hiding?

05omegav6

« Reply #5 on: 31 December 2014, 14:39:31 »

Wot e sed... :y

And a jubbly 2015 to all and sundry :y

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31 December 2014, 15:20:05 »

OOF and economics have had to take a bit of a backseat due to my wife being ill with ulcerative colitis, which we have found is mainly due to lactic acid, so not allowed any dairy products including no milk chocolate! She is on a special gluten and dairy free diet, fortunately the medicine has brought it under control, so bleeding and diarrhoea have stopped, but it is something that has to be kept under control.  :(

Work commitments mean I do not have much spare time at the moment and what I do tends to be spent on the situation in Ukraine and Russia / Kremlin watching to understand, second guess, what is going on. 2015 is going to be 'interesting' where everything is currently on a knife edge and anything can happen over the next 6 months; from a settlement to Russia starting a much more intensive general war in Ukraine in the spring. The Russian mercenary, troop and armaments build up still is increasing everyday, especially tanks, heavy self-propelled artillery and comms. jamming equipment. There is also a Donbas air force in Russia which they want to base at Donetsk airport, but dogged Ukrainian resistance, where they hold it,  means ever rising heaving casualties for Russia here. The Russian economic situation is putting pressure on Russia for a settlement, but Putin by nature is an aggressive bully. At the moment Russian GRU and other recruits are increasing the amount of terrorist actions they are carrying out in the bigger Ukrainian cities and out of town sabotage of the railways. Russia has paid a high price so far with 5,000+ troops and mercenaries killed. Like the 1930's Finnish Winter War where we now know there were 129,000 deaths, this was made a state secret by Stalin at the time, so the same applies with Russian casualties in Ukraine. Two Russian people running social media sites to collect and collate the stories of known Russian dead and missing have found this to their cost where they are subject to major harassment from the authorities, including being classified as foreign agents! Ukrainian army deaths are about 1200 with about 300 missing, which are likely to be classified as dead in the future. About 5,000 innocent civilians have been killed so far mainly by the Russian mercenaries. In the afternoon and evening their artillery and mortar accuracy tends to kill civilians or their own due to drunken arguments, where they 9 parts to the wind on vodka!

There are currently power shortages in Ukraine due to lack of foresight and coal and this means there are rolling power cuts across the county (except Kyiv) between 1 and 4 times a day for about 2 hours at a time.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Magwheels

• Intermediate Member
    • 2.2 dti Elite saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 31 December 2014, 15:34:58 »

YEP, Happy New Year to one and all!!!

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 31 December 2014, 15:58:20 »

My 4yo girl at her nursery New Years party yesterday. The angel's outfit including the wings were all made by my wife.

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 31 December 2014, 16:16:50 »

And a merry new year to all from me and everyone on ABS. May the weather be good for 2015 car show calendar and everyone be in good health
Keith B

The Sheriff

« Reply #10 on: 31 December 2014, 16:22:52 »

Sorry to hear about your wife, Rods, I hope she improves very soon.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 31 December 2014, 16:26:04 »

My 4yo girl at her nursery New Years party yesterday. The angel's outfit including the wings were all made by my wife.

How lovely, but very solemn.

Happy New Year to all on OOF.

Ps if you're wondering why so many  :y I'm trying to use them up. ::)

:y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 22 queries.