Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The insurance renewal dance  (Read 1362 times)

The Sheriff

Re: The insurance renewal dance
« Reply #15 on: 22 March 2015, 10:41:26 »

All these figures need to be put in context - do the prices include protected no claims, legal expenses, level of excess, courtesy car, eu cover etc. A £500 excess will mean you get nothing as an Omega owner.

For old farts I actually for first time got best deal from Saga on the Phaeton. Swinton best for Astra and Insignia as they have 5 drivers.
My quote included enhanced courtesy car (not a 900cc dinky toy), protected NCD and a £250 excess. No legal expenses or euro travel.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 22 March 2015, 11:20:52 »

All these figures need to be put in context - do the prices include protected no claims, legal expenses, level of excess, courtesy car, eu cover etc. A £500 excess will mean you get nothing as an Omega owner.

For old farts I actually for first time got best deal from Saga on the Phaeton. Swinton best for Astra and Insignia as they have 5 drivers.
My quote included enhanced courtesy car (not a 900cc dinky toy), protected NCD and a £250 excess. No legal expenses or euro travel.

Top of the range Daewoo?... ::) ::) ;)

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 22 March 2015, 13:12:48 »

It is all about matching personal circumstances - for example with Saga they only ask for accidents in last 3 years so my wife's fault claim in 2011 is not disclosable.
Others are asking for 5 years.

Other thing which is odd is that a non fault claim can increase premium or increase excess. Most insurers want £600 excess on Phaeton but Saga was £150.

Once you get going with Swinton they will maintain the cash back scheme so after 90 days you get a cheque for £65 on both cars I have with them. I was also looking at Quote Me Happy but such terrible reviews and if you have to put in a lot of data like extra drivers then it crashes and does not store.

Confused com has been helpful in setting a base line and comparisons. I have just paid £900 to insure all 3 cars for the year with full package of extras.
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

The Sheriff

« Reply #18 on: 22 March 2015, 13:47:24 »

Top of the range Daewoo?... ::) ::) ;)
D
A daewoo joke. That's novel.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.012 seconds with 18 queries.